• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HME Utility Strap and Kuiu Pouch

bowhunter15

Vendor Rep
A few people asked me about this setup at Saddlepalooza. Here are some more pictures. The Kuiu hip belt pouch slides overtop of the waist belt on the saddle. There's nothing really special about it. You could make one too out of fleece or some other fabric (the Kuiu fabric gets a little crunchy in cold weather). I bought it on Kuiu outlet, so I don't know how readily available they are anymore.

The HME utility belt is simply convenient for me. It's just a 1" strap with molded hooks that slide on, and a simple cam buckle for attachment. It's not as light or packable as amsteel, but rock solid when pulled tight. The hooks are designed very much like miniature Ameristeps plus four corners that dig into the tree more. I've created additional accessories for the 1" strap.

I removed the strap from a $12 Amazon watch and 3d printed and epoxied a little strap slot on the back. Now I have the time right in front of my face instead of digging for my phone (I don't like wearing watches on my wrist).

I also 3d printed a quiver holder for my Tightspot quiver that slides on the strap. They also make GoPro webbing mounts. Everything still packs down enough to fit in the pouch. Since the pouch is right on the front of my waistbelt, I can pull it out and attach without having to take a pack off and dig around for it, which saves a lot of time and effort.

http://amzn.to/2zN2bgd
ab4d6c1fa347bf3bcf4bb6b1fa7054ef.jpg
37189e124d5f689f91f1cf1b012bfde0.jpg
6f0ceb5db8c9526c772bf01df764e294.jpg
ce73f818cafc3435cca191596eb7fe1b.jpg
f86e9afea7afece12a577c8c24bc3b47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I use the same tree strap. The sell them at Dunham’s here in Tn. So y’all could check there if your looking for one. I put mine in the same pouch as my tree tether in the bottom last out first in always.
I have about 3 different ones HME, 3rd hand and one more for sure. They all work similar I think the HME is my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Loved this when I saw it and have them coming. So simple. I was digging in the pack like you said. The quiver holder is damn brilliant

I run the same strap but have some 3rd hand clips worked in plus a clipter. I tried the @g2outdoors molle loop system a couple weeks but was overwhelmed so I'm sticking with this type for now. I imagine there is a better system. I just need to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lol I have 3 of those HME straps. I don't like the buckle attachment. The 3d printed stuff is super cool. I prefer the molle setup, but this is certainly way more elegant than my hack job.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I use those retractable leashes too. They're great. I like the one Garrett is using. It's smaller than the ones I stole from my kayak.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Are you hanging your bow from the hook? Slick looking setup!

Are you hanging your bow from the hook? Slick looking setup!

I have hung my bow from that hook. It works great. I recently added a qlipter per @g2outdoors recommendation. It's a bigger hook to work with. I like it so far.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back