• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hog hunting lights?

Drslyr

I have a Florida hog hunting trip coming up quick and was looking for advice on a bow mounted green light hog hunting light. Been watching some you tube stuff but i want opinions from actual users of any brand and how well it works for you, thanks in advance.

I have the Kill Light from Elusive Wildlife mounted on my AR setup for predator hunting. Has been flawless for me the 5+ years I’ve owned it. Love the range of the light and spare battery that came with it. Also the included pressure switch gives multiple mounting options. Have never hog hunted but they also make a Piglet bow light kit designed for such hunting. https://elusivewildlife.com/shop/hunting-lights/bow-lights/piglet-bow-kit.html

I have the elusive wildlife piglet bow light kit and love it. Comes with a white red and green led light I use red for shooting pigs. I’ve had it for going on 3 or 4 years now only issue I’ve had after extensive use the bolt that goes into riser will occasionally get alittle loose but nothing a rubber spacer couldn’t fix.

I use the streamlight gamespotter with remote. My hog hunting is very unrefined though. The light has been vet taped to several guns, and mounted to others. Pigs die just the same.

I’d go with either elusive wildlife or wicked hunting lights. I have several of both brands and they all work well. I personally lean more towards the wicked hunting lights but that’s just me

This is the one I bought. Extremely bright but doesn't allow a narrowing of the beam which I think would have been more useful. I mounted it on my stabilizer when using my bow.
Cyclops is what I have comes with a few different mounting options to gun or bow and it's really bright.got it to shoot coyotes at night

The elusive wildlife brand has a lifetime warranty. If you register your light they will fix it or replace it for free I left one in an AC supply plenum for a year, and when I returned to the house the next year and found it, it was corroded, but still worked. I have had it repaired twice, once I broke the lens and the second time I pulled out the cord for the pressure switch. They fixed it at no charge either time.

I ended up going with the Sniper bow mount hog light. Arrived in 2 days. Batteries are charging right now and tonight it will make its maiden voyage on the range only. Still have a couple wks b4 hog hunt in FL. Been watching a lots of videos on hunting with heavier arrows. My present arrows are 278gr total weight. I found an old half dozen Easton A/C/C's with 4" vanes. Puttem on the scale and they came out 302 with no head. Also digging through my many huntin totes I found an unopened pkg of 100gr. slick trick 4 blade cut on contact broad heads. They are at least 25yrs old. Gonna assemble and shoot one of them tonight while checkin out my new hog light.
I shoot a HHA 5519 king pin and was thinking I would need to setup a new sight tape on my spare wheel. Shot a 402gr arrow at 20 yds and was 1" low....At 30 yds it was about 5" low so im just going to add a couple yds to the sight wheel rather than go through the hassle of relinng in a whole new wheel. All my shots will be 25 yds or less. In my light arrow setup I'm shooting a darton pro3000 at 58lbs 29.5 in draw going 302fps. Have not been able to chrony the new heavier arrow setup but I don't really care, I'm looking for more kinetic"Connecticut" energy.
Ranch fairy is a lot of the videos I watched cuz he's shooting the game I'm after. The practice arrows I shot today 402 gr went a third deeper into the target. Also I will be hunting these pigs hopefully from my new Phantom saddle. finally got my shipping notice after 14 days. Its supposed to arrive by wed. the 18th. Funny thing is I'm flying down so carrying sticks won't work. Talked to my pal in Fl. and told him I need half of an extension ladder. No Problamo he says.
I'll self film and post it up.
Wish me luck!

bfe847bc0b0850be4c559330e0395702.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh by the way from you locals. If I have a choice what do I wanna choot, Buck or Doe?:blush: Also best size for an eater? Feel free to throw in some recipes too.

Back