• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

"Homemade sling stand"

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
I'm home sick today so I'm catching up on my hunting beast videos. There is a segment where someone is using a "Homemade sling stand". I took one look at it and said yikes.
dbe5af3c86af6cb4dc0e2416ca517357.jpg

DVD. It's at the beginning on the second disk of swamp bedding.

Looks like he's hanging from one of those black rubber bungee cords that you always see laying in the road.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea, I couldn't believe he was hanging on an S hook.

All those years ago and he too understood the glory in saddle hunting!!!!

WOAH!! Makes me cringe just looking at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But is it really any scarier then some of the cobbled together pallet stands that you find hanging in the woods. I always seem to find the old pallet stands and always think there is no way I would ever put myself up in one of those brittle wooded death traps.

Last edited:
But is it really any scarier then some of the cobbled together pallet stands that you find hanging in the woods. I always seem to find the old pallet stands and always think there is no way I would ever put myself up in one of those brittle wooded death traps.

Definitely no worse than the bathroom door my dad had wedged in the crotch of a cherry tree below our house as a treestand still not sure how he lived long enough to create me doing that stuff. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wins the minimalist saddle award. :eek:

Red is this from Dans newest series?

Ive got marsh and hill country, I understand his techniques. However I enjoy his vids, so Im gonna get 3 & 4. :cool:

This one is new.

Is there that much new information in Swamp as opposed to Marsh? Seems like the tactics would translate pretty well.

This one is new.

Is there that much new information in Swamp as opposed to Marsh? Seems like the tactics would translate pretty well.
I would say that the tactics are very similar. There is a bit of information that goes specifically into swamps, but you can definitely hunt swamps based off the marsh dvd. This one went into a lot of examples and analyzing the set ups. In fact the second dvd (this was a set of 2) was entirely analyzing the setups on one piece of property that he was hunting. The disks are not that much money and I don't mind seeing similar information presented in different ways to help things sink in to my brain :D

Back