• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How are y'all packing your sticks and platform??

Live2huntt

I have a Badlands pack that my sticks pack on really well, but not sure how I will attach a platform. I am talking about something similar to the predator platform. I don't have a platform yet so I am not able to play around it. I am interested to see how y'all do it.... Thanks!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That is kind of what I was imagining on my pack. I will probably just need to use the strap from my platform and possibly go around the whole backpack to strap it down.

Nevermind I see you have a fanny pack strapped in.....

I am liking what I see. I hope others will post their set-ups as well. I have hunted with a climber for years and had my system down perfectly.

Now, hunting out of a diaper (sorry, I love calling our saddles a diaper), I have to figure all this out!

I have a XOP platform, three semi-modded heliums and a soon to arrive Mantis.

So do you just leave the frame on the ground while you hunt??

Alps pack. 2 Leverage sticks on each side, bow holder on the very back side, gear hoist running out the bottom. And few screw ins and WE steps in the pack along with the Kestrel.
fc4901dd6346c2ba17e471443c8ffd22.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'll likely use my Horn Hunter Full Curl on some hunts, but only if I think I might haul a deer out with it too. Might be a little overkill just for sticks and platform. It did work well over Christmas hunting with my kids in Wyoming for cow elk. Hauled a cow off the mountain with it.

Don’t have my setup with me since I’m at work so will try and post pics later. I have the tenzig 2200 which has a semi molle system on the back therefore allowing me to use either a lashing strap(preferred) or gear ties directly on the back. Each side has outside straps which hold my climbing sticks. Only issue so far is every so often the platform clanks against the sticks so I might do a cobra weave on the platform in order to quiet it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back