• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How can people be so stupid?

I love watching tree cutting fails but I cringe too much seeing people get hurt. This is one of my favorites

The second clip is a prime example of why you shouldn't rely on a linesmans belt to arrest a fall.

Pretty sure he unclipped before he fell. You can see the rope swing down before he goes. That guy got hurt bad too I bet :(

I seem to remember a certain genius who clumb with his spurs and no belt. And never tied the old Bulldog in until at hunting height. I literally cringe watching this stuff because at one time, I was that genius.

There is a spring in North Florida like that we used to go to. Probably 20’ of cliff then another 25’ up trees with 2x4 nailed in steps going up. Never saw anyone hurt there. There was a rope swing a couple hundred yards down river off about a 15 foot cliff. If you swang out and let go at the top of the arc you could do a nice back flip before landing in 10’ of water. Every time I went at least one person would freeze up and not let go of the rope. There was enough give in the rope and tree that they would hit the cliff and then drop into about a foot of water riddled with cypress knees. Saw several carried away from there and a couple took an ambulance ride. Someone finally cut the rope down. You grown ups ruin all the fun.

Damn, those looked painful. Lots of good lessons to be learned there - one is to not trust a dead/skinny/rotten/weak branch to hold you!

I liked the one with the three guys sitting on the branch with one cutting it off with a hand saw. Not sure that he thought that through too well. LOL

I'm guessing alcohol was involved with many of those.

Last edited:
Back