• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How did the 2021 rut timing seem to compare to historical timing in your area?

How did the 2021 rut timing seem to compare to historical timing in your area?

• perfectly lined up

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • a couple days earlier than normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a week or more earlier than normal

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • a couple days later than normal

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • a week or more later than normal

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • what 2021 rut?

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Pyronole

SH Member
I'm in SE Florida, but in my area the rut seemed to be a couple weeks later than normal. An area of North Florida that would normally see the peak around Jan 1 seems to be ramping up more slowly than normal, with a likely later peak this year. Anecdotal reports I heard from local folks travelling to the midwest reported not seeing much rut activity in early November. Just wanted to see if others have seen similar delayed ruts? Thanks!

Got to watch a nice buck (which was blocked by brush) chase down a doe like PePe Le-phew and saw them later in the day walking together through the woods (didn't have a shot then either) so I'm guessing the rut was happening right when it should.

Right on time. Some warm weather in the Midwest affected daytime movement some though. Cold days were on fire though. Killed mine Nov 12th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know about here really. Shot my buck the third nite of bow season and didnt pay much attention after that. Shot 6 does since then.

I shot a buck last year on the morning of Oct 30.

I shot a buck this year on the morning of Oct 30.

we had a nice cold front and around nov 5, i saw many bucks cruising during the morning and midday

most people in wv say they see most activity first 2 weeks of november, with peak around end of first week

the weather can mask this some years

let's say you have warm weather on nov 5 (theoretical peak for argument) and then on nov 10 you have a cold front, you might think the rut was pushed back 5 days when activity was shifted to at night around nov 5

Back