• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do find info on stuff on here ?

Yeah its too short of a search term. There's a good thread titled something like "new and improved guidos web" or something along those lines. If you can find that, its a darn good start, as it follows the development of the jx3.

I’ve had luck typing what I’m looking for into google and including the words “Saddlehunter forum”. For example, search “jx3 Saddlehunter forum” in google.
This works really well. At least 1/2 of my google searches end up bringing me here anyways. The search feature on our site actually works pretty good. You just need to have a more specific topic to search for. Jx3 is too short in characters, and if it is something that comes up so common it will get overloaded.

This works really well. At least 1/2 of my google searches end up bringing me here anyways. The search feature on our site actually works pretty good. You just need to have a more specific topic to search for. Jx3 is too short in characters, and if it is something that comes up so common it will get overloaded.

I could be wrong on this, but if I recall on another hunting forum, the admins could add words that were small like that to the search feature so that a search would look for them. For example you could have Jx3, HYS, ROS . Didn't know if that was an option with forum system that you are using. Like others I typically use google if the search feature here isn't giving me what I want.

I could be wrong on this, but if I recall on another hunting forum, the admins could add words that were small like that to the search feature so that a search would look for them. For example you could have Jx3, HYS, ROS . Didn't know if that was an option with forum system that you are using. Like others I typically use google if the search feature here isn't giving me what I want.

I don't know about that, but I do think if we all got better about using tags that could also help with searches.

It may be possible but there are people with jx3 in their signature. Then it would pull up every thread they have posted in. Hybrid would pull up but google works well also.

Let google do the work for you. It's more efficient than the klunky SaddleHunter search tool, and gives results in a more usable format.

Want to find all references to JX3 on this site? Enter this into the Google search bar:
JX3 site:saddlehunter.com

I got 435 results that you can browse through and read about before even following the links.

Any word, words, or phrases can be searched; no matter the length. And adding "site:{whatever.com}" at the end will limit the search to just that site.

Let google do the work for you. It's more efficient than the klunky SaddleHunter search tool, and gives results in a more usable format.

Want to find all references to JX3 on this site? Enter this into the Google search bar:
JX3 site:saddlehunter.com

I got 435 results that you can browse through and read about before even following the links.

Any word, words, or phrases can be searched; no matter the length. And adding "site:{whatever.com}" at the end will limit the search to just that site.
Thank You very much. I have been searching for SRT and RADS on this site and trying to figure out what was reported on this site before. The search algorithm on this site omits these words. I tried searching through Google last night. Imagine my surprise when many of the old time saddle hunters tried SRT/RADS in 2014 and now seem to be climbing sticks instead. I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Last edited:
Back