• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you attach a back strap to your saddle

eTXtreeclimber

I ordered a Molle Kidney belt I’m thinking of trying to use as a back rest to my sitdrag. How would be the best way to attach it to the bridge? My bridge is Samson Predator and I was thinking of making Prussic knots on each side of that with Samson 9mm accessory cord and attaching the belt straps to the prussic with mini carabiners. Would that work or is there a better way?

i carried the one i borrowed and in my bag but i lost the miniature prussic so i figure i will be trying the biners everyone is talking about

I ordered a Molle Kidney belt I’m thinking of trying to use as a back rest to my sitdrag. How would be the best way to attach it to the bridge? My bridge is Samson Predator and I was thinking of making Prussic knots on each side of that with Samson 9mm accessory cord and attaching the belt straps to the prussic with mini carabiners. Would that work or is there a better way?
I ran my Ernies outdoors lines man through mine when i tie in the tether i put my lines man in the same biner as the bridge and adjust it to the support i need

I made my own back band out of a simple luggage carrying strap that I put paracord on each end. The I use a nite ize cam jam on each end to clip it to my bridge - the cam jam lets me adjust the length of the Back band easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cam jam. Saw @bongo with this at SaddlePalooza it’s pretty slick - and will be great for me as I use a webbing bridge and can’t use the prusiks that came with the kestrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone put bolt holders on the backband for the treebolt method? I think that would work good and then just spin it around to your back after tethered in? I’m sure someone has probably done this or thought about it right?

Back