• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you carry your handheld release while hunting?

Hello!

This past winter I switched to shooting a thumb button release. I'm shooting a Carter Just-B-Cuz and I absolutely love how it shoots and what it's done to my anchor point. I'm definitely going to be hunting with it this fall. Coming from a wrist release I'm trying to figure out how to carry it while hunting. I'm thinking I want a pouch or holster that can go on my saddle. What are some ways you all do it?

I usually keep my in the front right pocket on my pants with the thumb button facing out so that it catches on the top of my pocket and doesn't slide down to the bottom - if that makes sense.

I've also got a pocket on the hip belt on my pack that i will probably use to hold it some too.

Pocket on the side or front of a bino armess works great too if you have one of those.

Last year I tried a kydex holster for my release, and it works good, but I couldn't quiet the kydex enough to satisfy me. Very secure and clipped right into the molle of my saddle so it's always close by.

Then I picked up one of these little guys from Dano, not for this specifically, but I grew to like it. I have a small bit of dynaglide tied into the wrist strap slot on my handheld. When walking and I want it secured better, I latch it shut. While hanging I leave it open, and grabbing the release off of it is very easy. It hangs in the first slot on the right hand side of my saddle, and is always on hand.

Last edited:
Back