• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you carry your Rut Roost and/or Ridge Runner XL

Fuse Dude

How do you carry your Rut Roost and/or Ridge Runner XL

Given their odd shapes and the requirements of sticks, please offer us your tricks of the trade!

Thanks in advance,

F

I always carried the RR attached to the outside of my pack for walking in and climbing. Once at height I took one strap of the pack off one shoulder and left it hanging on the other and just reached around and unbuckled the platform and strapped it to the tree. Once it was secured I stepped up onto it off of the top of the last stick or step.

At the end of having the RR I took it out once and used the genesis 3D printed hook for the RR that lets you hang the platform on the back of your saddle while you climbed. It was cool but always wanted to pull the saddle down so it wasn’t my favorite way to carry it up the tree. But it did work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a backpack that fits my RRxl inside. And a more expensive, better designed one that it rides on the back.

Trouble for me is...I almost never wear my bibs and coat to and from my hunting spots. Why lash everything heavy (bibs, coat, sticks, etc.) to the outside of a pack? The only advantage is easy access.

I got a frame pack in December with a load shelf with a MOLLE front panel. I think it's going to be pretty hard to beat it for versatility.

I'm keeping the backpacks for scouting hunts with a 2TC kit.

If I were able, I would (have) built a custom pack around this platform. But, the frame pack lets me swap gear around and who knows what the future will bring....good climbing platform, please?

Back