• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you hang your gear?

Amarty734

I'm looking for the best setup to hang my bow, pack, rangefinder ect. when I'm in the saddle. Anybody care to show me what their rig is? I posted this on the anything saddle hunting thread and didn't get much feedback, so I'm wondering if this is a better spot for the question.

Mine is nothing special but it works well. I use an extra wild edge stepp about chest high and I tie my essentials to it. Grunt call, rattle bag, range finder and sometimes binos. I also have an eagle's nest hammock strap that I girth hitch to the tree and hang my pack from. The step also functions as an extra hand hold. It's very nice to have. My bow hanger is a just a screw in bracket I got from home depot for about 2 bucks. It's the exact shape as a basic screw in step but smaller and rubber coated.

G2 has a pretty good video on his system. Lightweight and simple. 100% public land legal.

I use two of these. One for my bow and one for my pack . I use the second hook on my pack and I end up hanging everything within reach. The hooks I carry on my sling and right there when I get up to height. Of course it is not exactly legal everywhere. Here's a video the MFG has out.

I use two of these. One for my bow and one for my pack . I use the second hook on my pack and I end up hanging everything within reach. The hooks I carry on my sling and right there when I get up to height. Of course it is not exactly legal everywhere. Here's a video the MFG has out.
I use the hawk hooks as well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I use a camjam on some paracord, with 2 bent wire hooks. One for my bow and one for my pack. Rolls up to the size of a golf ball and weighs nothing. Sets up in less than a minute, and lets me easily adjust where my gear hangs if I want to move to a different side of the tree.

Nutterbuster! Didn`t you do a video of your system? I think I saw it but then who knows for sure? . I have a setup similar to the one you use and I love it . Saw the hawk hooks and had to have them . .

Back