• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How does complete novis order a TX5?

DMTJAGER

Seen pictures and reviews of the TX5 saddle and my interest is off the charts.
Being a complete saddle novice how can I possibly know what I want in order to call and order a TX5 built for me?
I fully understand calling and talking with the maker would be my best course of action but can those among the more experienced saddle veterans ESPECIALLY the one like me with taller bigger frames and weighing in the range of 250-270lbs help me out with some suggestions?
My primarily concern is comfort and simplicity of use and are willing to trade some weight savings for both. I am a huge fan of hunting all day and longer sits of 4 or more hours.
Want to get a saddle soon to spend my winter mastering it long before next bow season

Great thanks
Arthur

Seen pictures and reviews of the TX5 saddle and my interest is off the charts.
Being a complete saddle novice how can I possibly know what I want in order to call and order a TX5 built for me?
I fully understand calling and talking with the maker would be my best course of action but can those among the more experienced saddle veterans ESPECIALLY the one like me with taller bigger frames and weighing in the range of 250-270lbs help me out with some suggestions?
My primarily concern is comfort and simplicity of use and are willing to trade some weight savings for both. I am a huge fan of hunting all day and longer sits of 4 or more hours.
Want to get a saddle soon to spend my winter mastering it long before next bow season

Great thanks
Arthur
Just reach out to Matthew via his Facebook page or pm him. He can walk you through different options and sizing to get the right fit and make it an easy experience.

I am a noob and was a noob when I called Matthew. He walked me through the process. The only thing I would do different on my saddle. I would make the hinge part a little wider only a couple inches. What I mean is that there is more saddle on my lower back and more saddle closer to my knees. With that being said, it is only splitting hairs. I made an all day sit Saturday with no saddle fatigue at all.

Back