• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How many ft do you use to make a 8mm pursik ..

What’s size of your tether? Prusik cord? How many wraps? How long do your want your loop?

It’s an answer only you can provide yourself.

If you want to be safe, call it a foot for each knot, a foot for the wraps, and double the length of your loop(2 sides).

You can always make it shorter.

I’d get enough cord to do a few, It’s dirt cheap. 20-25’ will get used at some point.

I just measured a minimum length 3 turn prusik of mine at 45 inches unknotted length.

Thanks guys. It will go on 11mm line and be a 3 wrap. I was getting so many different lengths I wasn't sure. I also don't know how long the normal carabiner end you guys usually prefer my HSS one is a bit short.

My 45 inch prusik loop. The picture shows the caribiner is slightly crossloaded.:confused2: It is a good thing I weigh less than 4 kN (~900 pounds).:smiley:

Now that looks exactly like what I was needing. In fact looks exactly like what mine will look like when done. Minus cross load..:smirk:
THANK YOU!

Back