• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How to get my tether tighter to the tree

PaTrout1

Ok, so I put the new Oplux I bought to the test and when I put full weight on it, it slides down the tree (only about 1/2-1"). Any suggestions on how I can get the tether to hug the tree better, at the connection?
6f5b67db2519f7749a5e37fd02951f35.jpg
293c5b7841b69fbff754733003935c6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wrap the tail through the loop twice...tighten it down when you put the tag end though the loop the first time and then run the tag end though the loop the second time. It should stay tight.

Wrap the tail through the loop twice...tighten it down when you put the tag end though the loop the first time and then run the tag end though the loop the second time. It should stay tight.
I'll give it a shot.

Ok, so I put the new Oplux I bought to the test and when I put full weight on it, it slides down the tree (only about 1/2-1"). Any suggestions on how I can get the tether to hug the tree better, at the connection?

Girth hitch it, easiest way possible :)
4641eb6708c8d45d68d411a96a6840e7.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

So how’s the oplux with the rope man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a castration band and slide it down my loop to where the tether hangs. Works great. But I’m liking the girth hitch idea!

Raising it up Is all you usually need but these ideas are excellent!

Last edited:
Is there any safety issue using a caribiner in your girth hitch as long as it is a screw lock? Trying to find alternative to feeding the line through the loop.

Raising it up Is all you usually need but these ideas are excellent!
I tried, I'm guessing its because my rope was brand new. It should relax over time and work better.

Has anyone switched to the new wild edge tether with the kong duck. I currently use the Tethrd tether and a ropeman one wondering if it’s a huge savings in weight/bulk that’s worth the switch

Is there any safety issue using a caribiner in your girth hitch as long as it is a screw lock? Trying to find alternative to feeding the line through the loop.
So girth hitching the carabiner and then running the part that goes to your saddle through it? If so that would defeat the purpose and your tether would slide down easier, and it's not a safe way to put a load on it against the tree.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Back