• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How to price a bow?

TeddyGerry_

Vendor Rep
SH Member
I'm considering selling my current bow, which is a Mathews V3-27. It's currently set at just under 65lbs, and the draw length is 28". I know what I paid for it, but being that it's not brand new, how do I put a price tag on it that's fair? Any suggestions would help!

Thanks!

Between $600 and $800 depending on accessories and condition. Right handed
Or, whatever you can get for it.

Bows depreciate faster than cars for some reason. I’ve bought and sold many over the years and generally I get and give about 60ish% what it went for new, less if there’s damage which if it’s a hunting bow guarantee there is. Sometimes you can sell it with the accessories hanging off it but usually folks already have their own crap so figure on selling it nekid. Take into account any nicks, scuffs, scrapes, scratches, gouges and such. I usually let it eat for a couple weeks and then slowly drop the price. As to that how low you go depends on you and figure at what point am I taking a bath and it’s not worth it to sell it.

Look at craigslist and note what's there. Look again in a week or two. If the same bows are there still, they are asking more than they're worth, so you can gauge off that you need to be lower.

I constantly see old bows for 200-300 on CL. They don't sell. I post my 2011 assasin for 100, it was sold in a week.

Thing with bows is buy what you like. And don't plan on reselling to make money. Buy planning to shoot it for 10 years and if you sell it for 100 or 200 great. Or make it a bow fishing bow. Just my .02. I had a buddy that got a new bow every year, sponsored shooting 3D. Seemed like extra work setting a bow up every year. I just pulled mine out and started shooting

Local shop for me looks up what it sells for (not what people are asking, actual sales) on EBay and then gives you that on trade.

Back