• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How to transition from my climbing stick to my SA Platform?

LiverEatingJoe

I'm going to try to climb a little higher in the next couple of days (I'm hunting this weekend but don't feel ready to blow the couple of hours I have fumbling with new gear).

I have
- 3 Hawk Helium sticks (OTB; not modified)
- Silent Approach Platform steps
- Mantis
- Primal Tree Stands Strap On V-Treestep (coming in the mail)

I thought I'd do a hybrid of the ring of steps and the V-Treestep for a platform.
I've searched on Youtube and the forum to try and figure out how/where to set my platform so I can set my tether and have my fit on the V-Step before taking off my lineman's belt. How high after my last stick (for example?)

I'm sure a lot of this is trial and error, but I'd like to benefit from everyone's experience and be safe!

Generally with a 3 step stick (LWs single steps) I lineman off with a foot on the bottom and middle step of my last stick.....so basically the bottom step if you've got double steps I guess. Then I place my platform setup at eye level so it would be an easy step from the top of my stick

Back