• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hoyt Satori

SILhunter

After giving trad shooting a try I have decided to stick with my compound for now. After some buying and swapping I have a Hoyt Satori recurve with 19" riser and 50# limbs, nice rest, octane detach quiver, assortment of arrows with an older hard case, 2 shooting tabs, arm guard and a stringer. What do you guys think this package would be worth? Or if anyone is interested shoot me a message and I can text some pics, looking to sell as a package deal, thanks

Traditional archery requires more discipline compound archery. :) That being said, you would've been better off to have started with 40# and change limbs as you get used to it. The Satori riser is an ILF system, so you don't have to shoot the exact draw weight of the limbs. I've had 35# limbs that maxed out at 40#, but I was also able to shoot them at 32#.
It is entirely possible that you can order an inexpensive set of ILF limbs off of Amazon, in a lower poundage, keep your current setup and practice with it, until you feel more comfortable shooting it. ;) Food for thought!

I understand what you may have experienced and hate it that you're walking away from traditional archery after a short experience. However, the best thing is that you realize it and are willing to keep going AND use a weapon that you have confidence in using for hunting. :cool: For that, I congratulate you, sir!

Don't quit, drop down to 30 lb. limbs and start again.
I would bet you are over bowed and your form is not good, hence your accuracy will suffer.
As I have mentioned before, I have helped run a 3-D shoot since 1990 and have seen exactly what you are probably experiencing.
50 lbs. is alot to start with, if you have never shot single string before.
Single string shooting is a different mind set, as you really need to shoot often to obtain acceptable accuracy and confidence.

Back