• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HSS Lifeline for tree strap?

I've used an "HSS Rope Style Tree Strap" for my tether if that's what you're asking. I prefer climbing rope, but the HSS will work for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I used on when I first started using a rock climbing harness. It works but a rip is much easier to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the safety line kit from R&W Rope. Its got everything you need for tether and linesman belt. Just gotta get it cut at a local outdoor/climbing store.

Funny you mention the life line. I have several stands "hang on's" pre set for my son and a couple of his buddies on some private pieces. They are set up with 30 foot life lines. This last January while "freezer filling" time, I went over there with my Kestrel and bounced around a few of them with my bow and found out two good things, and one not so good.

Good - A large hang on tree stand platform makes for shots at every angle you could imagine !
Climbing a tree with a life line and pre set stand set up is a heck of a lot faster and quieter than my normal go to, amazing!

Not so good - Watch that life line that runs to the bottom of the tree, every movement made up in the air can make that rope move down at "DEER" eye level.

lol. Yeah I bet. I need some new tether so I’m gonna cut a lifeline I got a year ago for the hang on I have behind my house.

Back