• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HSS Lifeline Rope and descending.

BigAl

Ok repelling guys. Probably a dumb question in light of the info here has never mentioned this rope. I already have some of the HSS Lifeline rope......I've been really looking at repelling for awhile but haven't committed to trying it and rather than spend money unnecessarily on stuff I thought I might "repurpose" a lifeline to try with a figure 8 and check it out. We all know that we've got stuff from hunting that we don't use anymore that is in perfectly good condition for reuse in the right place. I'm not experienced I repelling so like I said this might be dumb idea......not a first for me though LOL

The lifeline will hold you.

That's as far as I'll go. I rappelled on one several times before my rappel rope came in. It has a very soft sheath and the weave is very loose. I would encourage you NOT TO CONTINUALLY RAPPEL ON THE LIFELINE. You'll find that the reflective strands of the sheath will break and fray the other sheath materials. This is not safe. It won't handle friction well at all.

Thanks for the info! I figured that there were some things that made it not a good idea! Appreciate the quick feedback!
No problem man. That's what we're here for. I used a muddy safeline for 2 seasons and it worked OK and seemed to hold up fine. But honestly for a few bucks more you could get a legit rope from EWO and be happy and healthy.

Back