• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting Knifes lets talk

My benchmande mini crooked river is always in my pocket. My hunting pack has a bm saddle mountain skinner. I have a drawer full of knives, but those are the two I gravitate towards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck 110 and the new Randy Newberg DTS are what i've used. enjoy them both

I have a cheap outdoor edge gut hook that I got for christmas a few years back that has served me well. However I just recently picked up a bm saddle mountain skinner w/ hook for an upcoming elk hunt. HOLY SMOKES what a night and day difference! This thing is never leaving my pack.

I have a Bench Made grizzle creek that I splurged on a couple years ago, I love it but will switch it up. I make sure I gut at least one every year with my dads old Case, I know it would make him happy knowing that it still gets some blood on it from time to time. Lol

Thats awesome keeping the tradition alive. I miss my dad too he used a buck 110 when we would hunt together cancer took him in 2013.

I have a custom Anza knife. The handle is antler from my first deer. It's a cool knife but I have lost it twice during field dressing in the woods, requiring me to borrow a metal detector both times to find it. I am thinking of painting it bright orange.

Anything mora. I have a Mora bushcraft that goes everywhere. I’ve beat the $h!t outta that thing and it’s like what? that all you got? Takes an edge easy and keeps it. Also a kabar Becker that has the same attitude.

Been using a Havalon last 4 years or so, but keep the Buck 110 in the pack. I purchased a BM Steep Country and Saddle Mountain Skinner to try this year.

I have a Ka-bar on my hip, great brush clearing knife, and those pesky little branches up to about an inch thick as you are climbing. Usually a whack or 2 and they are off flush against the trunk. Usually quieter than my saw. Then in my pack I have a SOG field knife. I haven't jumped on the replacement blade knives yet, way to any fixed blade knives.

I've used an Ensign Design knife like this for years. Great knife and really holds an edge.:cool:
9704903_1_x.jpg

Love my Buck ranger 113... though I haven't seen it since my last move so just a little folding Kershaw is what I used last season and it works just fine.

Thats awesome keeping the tradition alive. I miss my dad too he used a buck 110 when we would hunt together cancer took him in 2013.
Sorry for your loss. We lost my dad in 2018 it’s the little things that keep there memories alive.

Pretty stuck on my Knifes of Alaska, Jaeger. The bone handle fits my hand well and doesn't slip when bloody. This thing is sharp and stay's that way.

ESSE 4 is what I’ve used the last couple years since retiring my 1095 carbon vintage sharp finger

I have a Schrade Sharpfinger that I have had for over 20 years that no matter what else I have in the pack it is in there. It has that great high carbon steel that takes and holds an edge good. I have a Halon and a Hunters Edge also.

Back