• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting with knaider and swaider

Teamclark

I am going to be using the knaider and swaider but my question is what does everyone do with them when they get to hunting up in the saddle? Do you take them off and just put them back on for the climb down? I can’t figure out a way to comfortably and quietly keep them on while hunting, especially with knee pads on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loosen the calf strap and turn the hook to the outside of my knee. You could always just take it off.

Pretty much the same as above. Both stay on me. Swaider carabiner just gets hooked on one of my loops on harness so it stays snug. Knaider pushed over to the side and kneed pad goes over it.

I don't take them off when i get up there because it introduces the possibility of dropping them. I may about half the time take the foot loops off, so I 'm not walking on them when I'm on the platform. Just like the linesman. The only piece of my climbing and hanging gear where that possibility exists is my tether and my steps, neither of which reduces my safety in the tree as I personally use them, or influences, or changes my ability to use my standard climbing method.

Same as above for me as well loosen strap and turn to side so as to not drop it on the ground. Just cause I have a back up method to get down doesn't mean I want to use it haha

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I use a 5 step aider from black diamond, I just attached it the top of my lone wolf sticks and can get almost 30' with three sticks. Plus it folds up nicely as soon as im up there...not sure what im gunna do if I drop that thing though...

I use a 5 step aider from black diamond, I just attached it the top of my lone wolf sticks and can get almost 30' with three sticks. Plus it folds up nicely as soon as im up there...not sure what im gunna do if I drop that thing though...
I'd look into the one stick climbing method. It would be a good back up method to practice.

Tie a piece of paracord to your aider and attach it to your saddle so you can't drop it, works great. It's also a good idea to have a grapple hook to retrieve anything you drop.

Back