• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Husky!

K1white3

So I was brushing my husky today, it’s shedding season. And it looked like Christmas in August outside in my yard hair blowing everywhere. And I started thinking... I wonder if it would be possible to use husky hair in place of milk weed to check wind direction? Lol. I mean, they have to just smell like a coyote right?? Thoughts?

Dang I thought this was going to be a thread for the slightly over weight. lol. My thought is it's got to have scent on it, and I don't think I'd want to plaster my downwind side with dog hair if I could help it. IMO.

I would guess that you would be releasing the scent of dog, you, and whatever else the husky rolls in, right to your down wind side. Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with husky fur, but yes, the rabbit is right there with the milkweed. I haven’t done the side by side, but it definitely works very very well. If you know or can find a breeder it’s worth getting a few bags. As far as scent, I don’t think the deer alert to much except to humans and mainly during times if increased pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap. Now I need to find a new dealer.

"Hey bud, I need a few bags of......... rabbit."

Back