• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hybrid Platform/ROS Setup

Longbowwally

SH Member
I just can't make myself turn to the right on my little platforms at hunting height lol - LW HC and Podium - lol ....At ground level no problem - so I've played with putting screw in steps at 9 and 3 o'clock at the same height as the platform....I can get a full 360 degrees shot with ease and minimum movement without needing to stand...Kind of a hybrid setup using the advantages of the platform as far as comfort and the ROS for mobility....Any of you guys having the same issues with these little bitty platforms should try it...

I just can't make myself turn to the right on my little platforms at hunting height lol - LW HC and Podium - lol ....At ground level no problem - so I've played with putting screw in steps at 9 and 3 o'clock at the same height as the platform....I can get a full 360 degrees shot with ease and minimum movement without needing to stand...Kind of a hybrid setup using the advantages of the platform as far as comfort and the ROS for mobility....Any of you guys having the same issues with these little bitty platforms should try it...
I use 4 squirrel steps with my predator

That's my preliminary thought on set up as well. Platform for comfort and ROS for maneuverability

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Man the hand climber is huge compared to some of the platforms. Still there’s nothing wrong with running a hybrid system. That’s one of the great things about saddle hunting, you don’t have to conform to someone else’s way of doing it. You can use a platform or ros. You can use both or neither.

Man the hand climber is huge compared to some of the platforms. Still there’s nothing wrong with running a hybrid system. That’s one of the great things about saddle hunting, you don’t have to conform to someone else’s way of doing it. You can use a platform or ros. You can use both or neither.
I know, I'm a wimp lol lol ....

Back