• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HYS Strap Question

blzn04

I was plating around with my HYS strap yesterday and had a question. In G2's original vid years ago on his DIY accessory strap he threads the tail end of the strap through the "tightest" loop. The new HYS strap has the T-hook and orange strap for tightening it. It gets pretty tight with the strap without threading it but i just feel like it leaves a chance for the T-hook to slip off and possibly have everything fall to the ground. Do you think you should thread it though a hole and then tighten even further with the t-hook/strap?

I've seen it done both ways. Pictures on Tethrd site just uses t-hook. I have seen guys in videos girth hitch it. I think the T-hook is enough for most normal loads a hunter would put on it, but the girth hitching would be the most secure.

I've seen it done both ways. Pictures on Tethrd site just uses t-hook. I have seen guys in videos girth hitch it. I think the T-hook is enough for most normal loads a hunter would put on it, but the girth hitching would be the most secure.
yea my bow(7lbs) on one side and my pack(3 lbs) on the other. not too heavy

I'm pretty sure it was designed to girth hitch through the end loop that the orange piece of webbing is connected to. Then you use the T-hook tonkeep it tightened down.

I used mine this weekend without girth hitching but I think it's best to girth hitch first. It takes a little extra time but it's worth having a little back up just in case.

Back