• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I’m done with Tethrd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero One Actual

SH Member
So in case nobody here is aware of this, Tethrd is sending cease and desist letters to other companies making platforms. They are attempting to use their money to big boy other companies in the industry. I will never order anything from them and I suggest you do not also.

I have no affiliation to any company but when you start using legal action to shut down smaller business just because you can then you deserve to rot like the glue on your new sticks.

So in case nobody here is aware of this, Tethrd is sending cease and desist letters to other companies making platforms. They are attempting to use their money to big boy other companies in the industry. I will never order anything from them and I suggest you do not also.

I have no affiliation to any company but when you start using legal action to shut down smaller business just because you can then you deserve to rot like the glue on your new sticks.

Not here to defend Tethrd, but what is their complaint?

Do you support hunting beast products? He did the same thing..

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with someone protecting a patent they have..

do you have first hand account of this, or a copy of said document being sent out?

It might be good if your going to accuse a company of something of this magnitude that you provide some more information rather than just a generic assault. They may be in the wrong, but with no good explenation there is no way to know if they are right or wrong in what they did.

Tethrd has a history of doing this. They filed for a patent on their Predator platform and part of that ordeal is that you have to defend your rights to the patent or it's commonly understood that anyone can make similar platforms and the actual patent holder is "ok" with that. They're trying to protect their design & income. I hate it, but I get it

If they're doing it all over now, against new platforms, specifics would be interesting to have, but this is a brouhaha that's already been done. Nobody who's been around for a few years will get their skirts in a twist over it again.

IMO, if they feel their patent is being infringed upon, why can't they do their legal right and defend it? I don't know them very well, but from my very limited experience with them I doubt they're doing it to bully someone out of business.. Maybe they're just defending a design that's rightfully theirs?

I was informed of this as well this morning.
It is happening. Sad....very sad.... especially considering how they got started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be good if your going to accuse a company of something of this magnitude that you provide some more information rather than just a generic assault. They may be in the wrong, but with no good explenation there is no way to know if they are right or wrong in what they did.
I am being intentionally generic at this point in time due to this being an open source forum online.

There’s another thread I just read that said Cruzr got one. Anyone think the ION is anything close to the Predator????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am being intentionally generic at this point in time due to this being an open source forum online.

Not sure what your goal is in posting this then. I hope people will hold thier judgment until enough info is out so that they can judge the situation for themselves. I dont see what good a detail-free acusation is. Obviously your upset about what you know and that is fine, but getting others upset without facts is not helpful IMO.

IMO, if they feel their patent is being infringed upon, why can't they do their legal right and defend it? I don't know them very well, but from my very limited experience with them I doubt they're doing it to bully someone out of business.. Maybe they're just defending a design that's rightfully theirs?
I agree with you and hope that is the case. But when a company uses the legal methodology they are applying it indicates their intent which is not resolve. It is to ensure no other company can make a platform. Large companies do this daily as well and I totally understand the reasoning of wanting to be the Microsoft or Apple of saddlehunting. Hopefully individuals out there will be aware of this and help support the companies we already support.

This is similar to first lite and meat eater behind the scenes. Show and present one thing to the end user but don’t tell them what’s really going on behind the scenes or where their money is going.

Maybe the weather is making me angry. Or maybe I like standing up for the little guy.

Not sure what your goal is in posting this then. I hope people will hold thier judgment until enough info is out so that they can judge the situation for themselves. I dont see what good a detail-free acusation is. Obviously your upset about what you know and that is fine, but getting others upset without facts is not helpful IMO.
I posted the detail in my first post. Aside from that, I would not put any more information here due to me not knowing who can see what I post. Factual legal paperwork and court documents aren’t necessary. It’s a patent infringement and cease and desist letter sent to other platform manufacturers.

I don’t exactly like people strong arming others, but as stated above, I’d need to hear a little more about this stuff. With that said, I don’t buy anything from them anymore due to issues with a product or the fact that I’ve just found other people I’d rather shake hands with and spend money with. Hope the fame isn’t getting to anyone’s head too much.

I do not at all blame tethrd for protecting thier patents if other companies are in fact infringing on them. The legitimicy of the infringment will be decided by a court. That is not to say that a company like tethrd can not abuse thier patents and place unwarented claims agaisnt other companies which will cost them significant money to litigate regardless of the outcome. That is why I hope more info will surface as to which products are being accused of infringment and then we can decide whether or not tethrd is being abusive or just fighting to protect what they have worked so hard to build. Either way I will hold my judgment until more info surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back