• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I’ve got a problem- wife’s stand(non saddle)

fbwguy

Staff member
SH Member
My wife has an elevated box stand she hunts from. It is covered in bucks day and night. Yesterday I got within 20 yards of 2 bucks at her feeder before they left. I changed the SD card in the camera and I wasn’t more than 50 yards departing and they were already back. There are two large oaks, one on each side of the feeder, with some small underbrush and scrub trees. Do I go out and hang in the saddle opening morning( this Saturday)? She is super excited to have all this action at her precious location. The camera is averaging 400 pics a day. There are sometimes 6 bucks at a time there. Only had 1 pic of 1 doe in over 1600 pictures. I love my wife.... BUT...
What would you do?537BF2D9-7DF9-443E-A9A3-7B670D77E2C8.jpegA85A4070-0B8D-4252-944F-1777BAE68DB5.jpeg4C21DA80-13DC-48C8-A06C-36C799EDC684.jpegBAAE58F8-CD28-4C2B-A003-4AA663776A22.jpegD12491FE-5707-44E0-B75A-88602A1F1CB0.jpegE8FE3593-120A-4265-B301-E07378C85D78.jpeg

Last edited:
Depends on her view of the situation....... (yes definitely a dilemma) replace “ my wife’s stand” w/ lease partner/ best friend, whoever how would you roll with it?? Much easier choice if it was a bunch of dinks.........

That’s a good idea, then I can have a clean conscience.
I'm all about it if it were a different person like @Bigterp said. You're wife though... well... you already said "She is super excited to have all this action at her precious location." Best not to take that away from her. ;)

3 of these deer are on my target list! The tall 10 in the night pic is the twin to my last years 10! Very soon these deer are gonna push each other away. Gotta strike fast!!!

The one on the far right of the 4th picture (second night picture) is your huckleberry. Snag that G2!

Cool setup. I like @Redbeard 's idea. I for one would rather my husband hunt the big bucks so he isn't "over my shoulder", so to speak, telling me when and how to hunt the location. bad part is, he is almost always right.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hunt with your wife opening morning and watch or better yet film her shooting one. Then tell her your up next.
Good idea, she hunts with a crossbow, and they are bedding behind her stand, so she would have a good opportunity at a shot

Man I live in the wrong state. Given that I've never seen a deer like any of these in the woods, and I've only seen a grand total of 4 bucks while hunting in the 6+ years I've tried... I'd be hunting these day 1 & shooting the first one I see. But I guess I'm not a good source of advice given my situation and experience.

Back