• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I am on the dark side now

catman529

Well it's been a while in the making, but I hunted two different spots out of a Sitdrag yesterday. I still intend to use my new X-stand hang-on for certain trees, and I'm sure my Summit will still get some love once in a while, but so far the sling has been awesome... anyway, it was finally a nice cool weather day starting in the low 40s. I saw some deer both sits, had some turkeys roost in my tree, also checked some trail cameras and found my public land 9 point I had lost track of, and a private land monster that I've been after for 2 years.

b2320c3c7111ef80b2466ed2dbd001dc.jpg

I’ve been telling you for years the saddle is where it’s at!
The difference between carrying your x stand and the sitdrag is about 5lbs you are only trading where you sit and adding a couple of steps. In my experience the sitdrag is more comfortable.

I hope to have some trial ring of steps next week sometime.

How about shooting video any changes? Or was it pretty easy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been telling you for years the saddle is where it’s at!
The difference between carrying your x stand and the sitdrag is about 5lbs you are only trading where you sit and adding a couple of steps. In my experience the sitdrag is more comfortable.

I hope to have some trial ring of steps next week sometime.

How about shooting video any changes? Or was it pretty easy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a little slow to jump on the wagon sometimes lol. It is probably a little mor comfortable than the lock on. There are certain trees I will need the lock on for but otherwise I prefer the saddle so far. Filming setup handles differently, but it’s worked out fine so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How do you like the steps? Whenever I get around to getting one I think I’m going with those steps.

I'd like to think that you haven't come to the dark side but you've seen the light :)

Back