• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I for on a bridge for a Sit&Drag.

Tyler malone

Need info on a bridge. What size rope should I go with. It’s going onto a Sit&Drag. Thanks.

Lots of options. It’s gonna be a personal preference kind of thing. The Kestrel comes with Samson Predator rope that is 11mm. It’s a static rope. Lots of people use 1/4in Amsteel. It’s the lightest and smoothest option. Some even use climb spec 1in tubular webbing. I’ve tried them all and like the amsteel the best.
You could use your linemans belt while you practice at ground level getting use to the set up. That way you can easily adjust the length of your bridge until you find the length you like.

Depends a lot on you and your body size shape.
I use 1/4” Amsteel. Started with my bridge being the same length as my sitdrag and I think it’s 26~28” now.
I think I would recommend a 1/4” Amsteel Whoopie bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2 on Amsteel bridge - my fleece saddle will have 1/4 inch Amsteel on it.

1/4” Amsteel bridge, 24” length gives me more clearance to shoot, very smooth through carabiner when spinning around to weak side.F1A8C299-336C-4A73-92B4-FD41ACCCBD5C.jpeg

Looks good, what are the other mods you did to your sit/drag?

I folded the sit-drag bridge web loops around a piece of semi-truck plastic air-brake line, then wrapped parachute cord over top on both sides. The air line holds the bridge loops open so I can find them in the dark without a light. The rest is pretty “standard”: Amsteel “red” 24” fixed bridge, sewn on waist belt w/plastic buckle, web Molle loops sewn on outside top, 4 web loops sewn on bottom edge with 8” paracord loops to attach 4 Muddy Pro sticks. My old Trophyline zippered bags on each side have been replaced with a pair of the entrenching tool cover pouches (teather in the right, lineman’s belt in the left).
I use a pair of suspenders to hold up the sit-drag when 4 sticks are attached to climb.
I’ve used the trophy line since new, everything else I learned on this great site!

Lots of options. It’s gonna be a personal preference kind of thing. The Kestrel comes with Samson Predator rope that is 11mm. It’s a static rope. Lots of people use 1/4in Amsteel. It’s the lightest and smoothest option. Some even use climb spec 1in tubular webbing. I’ve tried them all and like the amsteel the best.
You could use your linemans belt while you practice at ground level getting use to the set up. That way you can easily adjust the length of your bridge until you find the length you like.

Thanks for the good tip on using linemans belt as the bridge to find your ideal bridge length. I’ve been contemplating all week how to figure that out.

I use 1" tubular webbing and it works fine for my bridge, it's lightweight and inexpensive.

Back