• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I got drawn in MO

Yes but didn't get drawn found out this morning, I live in the St Charles area. I usually get Bush Wildlife every two years, but tried something different this time.
That stinks. I got fellows lake in Springfield. I understand it’s kinda like an urban hunt.

No idea if it is worth a flip anymore or not. Havent hunted up that way in a long time but it used to be really good.

Congrats! I'm building points here in MO since I've already drawn too many tags this year (one elk tag in CO, and a bear tag here in MO). So far I've had relativlely positive experiences with MDC's managed hunts.
Yes but didn't get drawn found out this morning, I live in the St Charles area. I usually get Bush Wildlife every two years, but tried something different this time.
How do you like it? I hunted it a couple of years ago (got my nephew on his first deer ever out there), but found it to be a bit too thick for my liking. I moved up to the STL area last year but one of the major drawbacks is I can't just hop in my truck and be out in the middle of national forest in 15 minutes. I've tried my hand at a few of the CAs just south of St Louis County but so far they seem pretty crowded during bow season.

Congrats! I'm building points here in MO since I've already drawn too many tags this year (one elk tag in CO, and a bear tag here in MO). So far I've had relativlely positive experiences with MDC's managed hunts.

How do you like it? I hunted it a couple of years ago (got my nephew on his first deer ever out there), but found it to be a bit too thick for my liking. I moved up to the STL area last year but one of the major drawbacks is I can't just hop in my truck and be out in the middle of national forest in 15 minutes. I've tried my hand at a few of the CAs just south of St Louis County but so far they seem pretty crowded during bow season.

I love hunting Bush but I have a lot of time spent scouting it and have some pretty amazing spots that never get pressured. For all the other CA's I hunt I try to get at least an hour away from the STL area to find lower pressure. I also own some short term rental cabins near Ironton Mo that are connected to some Nation Forest land so I throw a few sits down there every year.

Back