• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I LOVE my medium mantis!

RavenHill

The anticipation is over, I have my Tethrd gear in my hands, and love it!

First off I have to thank anyone that gave me direct feedback on the sizing of the mantis, so thank you.

Like anything, even with all the reviews I knew the fit was going to be personal preference, so I didn’t take any one review to heart. That being said, a few comments did spook me. I remember one person that was actually smaller than me saying a large was more comfortable for them.

I am very glad I went with the medium. I’m 5’11, 160 pounds, 31 waist and it’s very comfortable for me. I prefer to wear the saddle fairly low so I don’t think the extra depth of the large would create more comfort for me. What I did notice is the leg straps have quite a bit of extra length so I’m sure the large would be worse. The waist belt also has lots of length so the fit is just right. I can honestly say I’m pretty sure I’ll be dozing off in no time, lol.

Just to make sure I threw on my incinerator suit, the saddle and the fit i think actually improved. I have bony hips so the extra padding made it better. I never felt the “hip pinch” in the first place but the jacket and bibs snugged me right up.

I like the leg straps hooked up low rather than the waist belt, with the micro adjusters somewhat tightened. The stock bridge length is good for me but I guess I could experiment with that later on. At the end of the day I’m very happy with the product Tethrd has produced, and I know I can trust this gear 100%.

I have an XL. It's slightly big but I am very happy with it. I can sit all day and the quality is outstanding. Before I bought it I was up in the air between a mantis and a kite. Glad I chose the mantis. Keep in mind they tend to run a little on the small side. Always better to size up than try for a perfect fit in my opinion. I could probably fit a large fine but the XL is great.

Had to chime in on this one. This is all new to me and wasn’t sure on the size myself. I am 5-7” and 180. I just ordered a size medium and the predator platform. Hope I made the right decision as well.....

Had to chime in on this one. This is all new to me and wasn’t sure on the size myself. I am 5-7” and 180. I just ordered a size medium and the predator platform. Hope I made the right decision as well.....
If your waist matches their stock suggestions, I don’t see any issue. I’ll make the same suggestion as was to me. If you have a “gifted” butt and are on the fence with the size, then size up. The large will be slightly deeper and would accommodate a “gifted” butt better.

Thanks for this I’ve been curious on sizing myself and sounds like a medium would work good for me. I’m 6’ 140 lbs, no butt to speak of, just have long legs but sounds like there will Be plenty of leg adjustment for that

FYI! I spoke with the guys at Tethrd and they recommended a large for me as I am “Gifted” per the wife.
Also layer a little when it’s cold from time to time. They said it should work just fine.

FYI! I spoke with the guys at Tethrd and they recommended a large for me as I am “Gifted” per the wife.
Also layer a little when it’s cold from time to time. They said it should work just fine.
That’s too funny. As per your gift, you may benefit from the extra depth the large will provide. Like I said I’m comfy with the bridge the way it is but you may find some extra comfort, playing with bridge length as well.

Sweet, Ivan sleep easy now!!

If you are worried just call them and ask for a large - Greg and Ernie are pretty accommodating. I like a small saddle but I have a higher threshold to hip pinch then I suppose others do.... and I use a low tether height.

Back