• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I weighed my JX3 hybrid

parkersdad

I weighed my JX3 hybrid today at work on a certified scale. With the tether, lineman‘s belt, five-step aider, and one stacked outdoors stick I was it 14.3 pounds. I wanted to let people know that are interested for their information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing that. That is a comfy 14 lbs right there!

Keep in mind its a backpack too...with a nice load shelf

Great info, thanks! I was thinking about getting one, but my Xstand climber weighs 12 lbs total, and I refuse to hunt with any system that outweighs it. I will keep my $. It is a great system, just not for me.

Cant agree more

I thought I'd feel the same way about the hybrid - that it would just be my "all day rut sit" and my "cold weather gun sit" and "when I'm close to the house sit"....all the things that most folks that don't have one say. I probably hiked150 miles last season with either the pop up and kestrel, or the hybrid on my back. And I can tell you as the season wore on, the 3lbs or so extra weight of the hybrid was overshadowed completely by the comfort factor. I was flat worn out most days - and I found myself much more willing to shimmy up a tree knowing the comfort of the hybrid was waiting for me at the top.

It may not be for some folks. But I find it hard to come up with a scenario now that the minimal saddle makes more sense for my style of hunting. Maybe I'm getting soft.

I think the same way. The thought of sitting in my Lone Wolf hand climber makes me want to stay at the house. Sitting in the JX3 I will be out every chance I get. I can also sit still which is a big part of the game.

That sounds about right weight wise...I played with my brothers jx3 here at my house a little it’s def comfy but just not for me.

I will let y’all know after I have time to kill a few out of it and put it through the proper paces I am not an impulse guy so a minute or two in the tree ain’t gonna form my opinion So far I think it’s gonna be really nice

This far I have refused to pay a few hundred dollars for a saddle and I haven’t been disappointed in the least with my set up. No disrespect meant in any way to the other saddles out there but if I were to spend a couple hundred dollars it would be on the JX3. I am a preacher seat guy so the design fits my style already but also I see the weight consideration for the hybrid as an almost mute point seeing as it doubles as both your hunting pack system and a capable shelf system for packing out a kill. The comfort consideration is particularly important for me as I like to do long sits. Although the other saddles are absolutely capable of keeping you comfortable for all day sits they just can’t compare to the comfort level of sitting in something that is often compared to a lazy boy recliner. Also for the time when I do just sprint in to a preset for a quick couple hour sit then I have a much easier time justifying a fleece saddle then a couple hundred dollars for one from the manufacturer. A 12# climber stand sounds like a really nice set up but I think back to the days when I had something similar. Hiking in a few miles, or even a mile, for an all day sit requires more gear then a fanny pack for most so if the stand is on your back then where does the pack go? I used to carry it on my front and then bow in hand. Or pack and bow on back and carry stand in hand. With a saddle and a decent pack or a jx3 you can travel, in comfort, with nothing in your hands. I don’t know the set up being used but I’d bet if you add that 12# stand, the fall protection and that pack for hauling necessities your at or above the weight stated for the hybrid. Just my thoughts...

Great info, thanks! I was thinking about getting one, but my Xstand climber weighs 12 lbs total, and I refuse to hunt with any system that outweighs it. I will keep my $. It is a great system, just not for me.
Dont those giant loopy cables drive you nutz walking through the woods?

Here is a video I took of the best way I could figure out to hook an aider to a stacked outdoors stick. I also took a few pictures of how it packs in my hybrid. There are two different ways you can do it. One inside the hybrid and one on top of the hybrid with the leg straps cinched down. I like it inside the hybrid personally.
b353e4f98f55fd487d662f8ad1cf4a62.jpg
dc8de94a5963d9104a9442cc639b6f69.jpg
68310bd864c9d1bc5cfbfe39d757ddcc.jpg
10d0e940244177e7e51cda47c820757f.jpg
279a31f81db413eb89b6e995281385a1.jpg

Here is a video I took of the best way I could figure out to hook an aider to a stacked outdoors stick. I also took a few pictures of how it packs in my hybrid. There are two different ways you can do it. One inside the hybrid and one on top of the hybrid with the leg straps cinched down. I like it inside the hybrid personally.
b353e4f98f55fd487d662f8ad1cf4a62.jpg
dc8de94a5963d9104a9442cc639b6f69.jpg
68310bd864c9d1bc5cfbfe39d757ddcc.jpg
10d0e940244177e7e51cda47c820757f.jpg
279a31f81db413eb89b6e995281385a1.jpg

Nice. I have a 48" 1-step aider that I hang from the top so it hangs 24" below the stick. How do you like the multi step? Can you set the stick high enough to use all/many of the steps?

I couldn't figure out how to get the stick between the seat/back. I used leg straps but instead of on top I put it towards the bottom.

I have an x stand climber. I hate it so much I chose to carry my summit viper all steel model last year. It weighs about 30 pounds. The x stand is the most uncomfortable and hardest stand to climb with. It packs nice and sets up on the tree fast but that’s the only good part.

I have an x stand climber. I hate it so much I chose to carry my summit viper all steel model last year. It weighs about 30 pounds. The x stand is the most uncomfortable and hardest stand to climb with. It packs nice and sets up on the tree fast but that’s the only good part.
I had that in my cart at sportsmans guide so many times its not funny. I just figured there was no way it would top my lw hand climber. Well, rhats gone now too. As far as stands go, hang on a are really the only ones that make sense to me these days... and we're all use to some sort of climbing method with a saddle, so there's continuity. Just my opinion.

I was just thinking that about my LW Assault, which come in right around 20# with 4 sticks and some BS hooked to it. I’m trying to get into the 12#-and-under club.

Back