• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I would say it is rut time

martian

I say this because I have used my doe deke 2 days now. first day, I forgot scent. seen nothing. Yesterday set her up scent on ground and on a wick , on a limb above her. little 4 pt. came in , stopped at 40 yds , tail up and ram across this hollow and stood in the treeline, ( I could see him moving back and forth for about 40 minutes. then, all kinds of activity over there, and 2 deer busted out , The smaller buck ran off. a 7 , big bodied guy RAN across the hollow , up the small ridge line to my deke sniffed her all around the backside, but quartering towards. Then with a slight turn, quartering away, . 18 yd. shot. He ran across the hollow in a different direction . Yellow leaves cover the forest floor , real easy track and I followed blood to within a foot of a brand new scrape, and he was dead 5 yds to the left of it. So, the fact that he challenged a buck, ran to the doe, and had just made a scrape makes me believe the seek phase of rut is on. good luck everyone , be safe. i will post pics, rage BH looks like I hit him with an axe

Back