• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ideas for diy strap stager

JFin15

SH Member
I kind of didnt want to post this because I domt want to take sales away from a great small company making awesome stuff for us huntin fools... with that said, I have been wanting to try out the 'strap stager' idea for myself but I am a tinkerer who's WAY over budget on hunting gear this year (thanks to yall! hehe) so here I am.
Full disclosure, I havent sat down and put much thought into what hardware (plastic) to use nor have I even attempted to stage a strap on a tree so any experience is welcome/required!

Biggest question (I think) may be the
printed piece(s) that clamps prior to the loop opposite the side that has a 'hook on a bungee loop'. This does 2 things that I can tell: allows strap to be clamped by the piece in question (or pieces), and positions the loop away from the tree.

I think I can figure out the rest pretty well just hoping someone has tried this. I do suspect that any diy attempt at this will fall well short of what the '3dgen' guys make but figured its worth a shot despite knowing I probably won't use em long term and I'll likely buy one at some point anyhow.

Post is alot longer than planned so I may as well add my why: I'm using lwcg doubles right now and always use my knaider/swaider with sticks so i like the bottom step around chin level. W/ my cam cleated shikars it was easy to flip my amsteel up as high as 8ft, however with a cam buckle strap, the buckle weight and strap itself make that really difficult, especially on pines. Enter diy SH members!
Oh and yes I do like the CB straps on these sticks (and these alone) but often use amsteel and buckleless so that 1st off-topic, we can just skip. Thanks

Oh and I'll also add I buy alot of plastic hardware from dutchweargear so they may have something to use for this. If not, maybe some of you will atleast find a new place to lighten up your back pockets!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It costs $16...IMO the trouble of constructing something would outweigh the cost of buying one. I'm sure you could find something you no longer use and list in the classifieds to offset the cost too.

Back