• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

If you had only one ascender....

docost99

would you use it on the tether or the lineman’s belt?
I’ve had my saddle from Tethrd for 3 weeks, but no tether or lineman’s belt. No platform, either. So I made a tether and lineman’s belt from the lifeline that came with my Millennium M100. It has a prusik knot on it, and I have an ascender from Tethrd. Which to use where?

X3! Lineman's belt. I don't adjust my tether much at all and have been using a prusic so far this year - no complaints.

Honestly I'd leave it at home unless SRT climbing. But if I had to use it somewhere, on the LMB I guess.

Someone has to be the odd man out. Tether. Lineman’s prusik knot with a tender is awesome one handed operation. Tether in distel hitch even with a tender has me saying naughty words sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I adjust my linesman constantly. I adjust my tether rarely.
Ill keep my ropeman on my tether as I use it for a backup linesman over branches.

Depends on how you climb. I adjust my tether a lot with my climbing method and to adjust changing from sitting/leaning.

A Distel hitch with tender works fine on a lineman's belt. I run a very low tether and have yet to find a hitch short enough to work there.

A Distel hitch with tender works fine on a lineman's belt. I run a very low tether and have yet to find a hitch short enough to work there.
Just wondering: have you tried shortening bridge? This helped me with comfort and also switching to a friction hitch.

for op: i prefer it in LMB. Right now though I’m running hitches on both

What rope/cord have you tried? Something like the beal 5.5 on a tiny carabiner takes up very little room.

This is my lmb - note the length of the hitch + mini biner compared to the larger carabiner. This is htp 9mm (also using on a tether - it grips slightly harder than i prefer. Still need to try with one less turn in the hitch and with trc in case I prefer those).

20191018_172236~01.jpg

What rope/cord have you tried? Something like the beal 5.5 on a tiny carabiner takes up very little room.

This is my lmb - note the length of the hitch + mini biner compared to the larger carabiner. This is htp 9mm (also using on a tether - it grips slightly harder than i prefer. Still need to try with one less turn in the hitch and with trc in case I prefer those).

View attachment 19981

TRC grabs 9mm HTP real good.Haven’t made up my mind about keeping it on my LMB

I'd also say linemans belt. I'd also say I prefer a distel hitch with a tender for both LB and tether.

View attachment 19981
I may give that a try. As it is, my Ropeman is usually right against the girth hitch using a Petzl Sm'D carabiner.

I use my tether with a ropeman for climbing. Rarely use my LB.
I was just going to say this. I have a lineman’s belt girth hitched to my saddle that is in a pouch. Use it once while I unhook my tether(used as a lineman’s belt)/ropeman1 when I’m at hunting height. Then it goes back into my pouch once it’s hooked up as a tether. Saves on space, money, and simplicity.

Back