• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Illinois Public Land Advice?

rickhall20

SH Member
So I might have accidentally gotten permission from my wife to extend my annual fall public land trip to KY, so I'm thinking about jumping across the state line and hunting some public ground in IL. I'm looking at southern Illinois just for proximity purposes, but have never hunted IL at all. Not looking for any specific coordinates or too much info, but if anyone has any experience, good or bad, that you're willing to share, I'd be super grateful!

If you're in Kentucky then come across the border to Giant State Park. You'll have to check in and see what are the rules, but for the most part you should be able to hunt the hunting areas. I went there for a marriage retreat three weeks ago and the camping sites was fantastic...and the hunting is in the Shawnee National forest.

Back