• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I'm in from Texas!

polekat

Hello Men, (haven't seen a female post on this site yet)

I've been bowhunting a couple of years now with pretty good success, some heartache too, but I'm hooked in a big way. Hang on treestands seem to have too many drawbacks to be truly effective, so when I learned about the saddle hunting technique I was instantly curious. After reading the perspectives of the members here and on Archery Talk, I have bought myself an EVO and some climbpaws to use as a platform. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting for Santa to deliver his new toys. Thanks to all who post here and elsewhere so openly, providing us newbies with enough feedback to jump in.

See ya around the forum,

polekat

Well, my EVO came and I got to try it out for the first time this weekend. What a blast! I think this is the part I enjoy the most, getting on to something new, and then working with it to find out what it will do, and how it might be used. Saddle hunting is gonna be amazing!

polekat said:
Well, my EVO came and I got to try it out for the first time this weekend. What a blast! I think this is the part I enjoy the most, getting on to something new, and then working with it to find out what it will do, and how it might be used. Saddle hunting is gonna be amazing!

You have plenty of time so practice now and get comfortable and you'll be good to go come hunting season :D

Back