• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Im New

Dressedtokill

Hey guys Im new to the forum and have never used a saddle to hunt I've used a lone wolf with climbing sticks and like this idea. Any info on pros and cons would be appreciated. Also how is it self filming with a fourth arrow while bow hunting? Thanks for the help J

Welcome. I'm new here too. I actually just jumped in with both feet. I had a lightweight rock harness and bought a sit drag. It's a great inexpensive way to get a feel for it. I use the lone wolf stick to climb with. I too had always hunted from lone wolf stands and liked them but after a couple long 1.5 mile hikes in with a stand I thought there had to be a better way. At least lighter. I started with the intentions of just having another option for remote hunts. 2 months later I honestly can not foresee setting up another stand. Nothin against them. Just the comfort and lightweight plus the mobility once in a tree. This site is a wealth of knowledge from people that know more about it than me. But I am not looking back. Don't worry about a lot of gear to try it. Just do some reading grab an inexpensive harness and a sit drag. A little rope a couple Prussiks and a couple carabiners and try it. Upgrade not if but when you see how awesome it is.

Welcome to the site! Tons of info on here. Start reading and ask any questions you have.

Welcome! You’ve came to the right place. Lot of great info and a great group of people always willing to help. I joined a couple before season last year and after a season in the saddle, I can’t see going to a regular stand again. There’s too many advantages with the saddle. Plus it’s just cool haha. Don’t be afraid to ask anything. I’ve always had good luck getting everything answered. Brian nailed it with what he said as well. Get your feet wet with it then be ready to dive cause I can about bet you’ll love it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys looking forward to the new opportunity

Welcome! Filming from the saddle is no issue at all! In fact, my fourth arrow base is an important part of my system. It holds my pad for my knees (don't use kneepads) and holds my pack. I can post some pics of how I place the base/arm. It works very well.

Welcome! Filming from the saddle is no issue at all! In fact, my fourth arrow base is an important part of my system. It holds my pad for my knees (don't use kneepads) and holds my pack. I can post some pics of how I place the base/arm. It works very well.
You've mentioned this before about losing the knee pads. I believe you've even posted pics. I'm curious.

Ever encountered situations where the pad didn't work and you needed knee pads?

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

You've mentioned this before about losing the knee pads. I believe you've even posted pics. I'm curious.

Ever encountered situations where the pad didn't work and you needed knee pads?

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Since using the pad I don’t think I’ve had one hunt where I thought “man I wish I had knee pads” lol. It just works for me and is nice not having something strapped to my legs. I have forgotten the pad a few times and regretted it that’s for sure. but I think it’s a great alternative to knee pads myself.

@Dressedtokill the biggest pros for me are the mobility factor and comfort. The saddle system combined with an ultra lightweight climbing method brings a whole new advantage to the public hunting game. It allows me to hunt nearly anywhere there is trees and get there quietly and quickly without carrying bulky stuff. You can literally wear the saddle in without even noticing it. Saddles are also very comfortable. I have upper back issues so having the ability to to move around the tree, sit or stand quickly with little movement, and avoid sitting on a hard treestand seat makes a world of difference for me. I have even slept ion my saddle numerous times.
Comfortable, Mobile, and Sneaky Sneaky.

The list goes on for pros ( 360 shooting, safety, ease of use, etc...) but for some reason, I cannot think of a con at the moment.
Welcome to the site, enjoy your research here. This is where I learned everything I know thus far.

Back