• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I'm the biggest Jackass on this forum

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Let me get this off my chest.

The deer are really cranking up right now. I've seen several shooter bucks over the last couple days on my pre-dawn drive to work. Our bucks in Southern GA rut in the second half of October, and the pre-rut chase phase is blowing and going. It's prime time.

Where I hunt on a Federal Military installation, we are required to check in and out via an online system. If you fail to do so after a hunt, hunting/fishing/recreation privileges are suspended for 7 days.

My dumb ass forgot to check out on Sunday afternoon, and now I'm suspended until early next week. I planned to hunt tonight and Thursday on mobile setups. That's 2 prime time hunts I lost. Plus, I'll miss this weekend which should be one of the best of the entire season.

That's strike one.

But it gets better.

Several months ago I was tagged to deploy for a training mission. I would have missed hunting during all of October and half of November. Being the stellar husband I am, I recruited my mother to come visit for 10 days to help my wife (who is an ER nurse) with the kids during my absense. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago and my training mission was cancelled. Wooohoooo! I wouldn't miss the rut. But when my mother asked if she should still come and visit, I failed to consider the timing of the rut, and said "Sure, c'mon". Now I love my mother very much, but I don't want her to visit during the peak of the rut!!!!!

She arrives on Monday evening and will stay for 10 days. I bet you can guess which day my suspension is lifted...

That's strike two and three.

Sorry team 1. Blame G2. Sad Panda.

I don’t think anyone was arguing that before but... Jesus man get it together!

I had to do a quick check to see what team I was on again... sucks to be team one lol!!! Go team 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@g2outdoors - that stinks! My buddies have been able to lift suspensions on Quantico for checking in too late By talking to them..
Worth a shot!!

@g2outdoors - that stinks! My buddies have been able to lift suspensions on Quantico for checking in too late By talking to them..
Worth a shot!!

Oh I did. I went and sweet-talked one of the Outdoor Recreation ladies into calling the Game and Fish folks for me and asking for a favor. No dice. No exceptions. They're trying to make an example since this is the first season with the online check-in and check-out process.

New development. I pulled an audible and was going to hunt a WMA near my house.

The one freaking time I don't transport my stuff in a bin, a rogue thunderstorm decides to stick it to me as well. FML.

Fans going full blast trying to dry it out.
7ff86789f0e58a2e734b1de1fa327cc5.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Man that all blows lol. Just gotta laugh and roll on. My hunt Monday night was a complete disaster so I can relate at least for one day

They're trying to make an example since this is the first season with the online check-in and check-out process.
Make an example of the first person who violates a new regulation? That never happens in the military or on military installations...

Back