• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Impatient..so I made my own platform...

Newhunter1

SH Member
So last night I couldn’t take the waiting any longer. I went downstairs in my dungeon and used an old gorilla climbing stick, my seat from my twisted timber hanging stand and did this.
ee7a3b0a3a489c5dd79e93bc06dec0d1.jpg
43fa8c0bf9eb07a41b2d38d75311a4e2.jpg

I’ll try and get out this weekend after I dig myself and my in-laws out of snow-maggedon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booyah! Pretty awesome when you can just go downstairs and end up with a descent platform. Nice. Let us know how it works for you. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Predator.

Should say...I was impatient for the predator to finally get here....Less than 2lbs...way less.

Weighed it...4 lbs 13 ounces.

Weighed it...4 lbs 13 ounces.

Wow that's not bad. Got a drill press? Could prolly get it to 3.5 if you wanted to. And switch out the strap for amsteel. But good job I'd use it how it is. 4lbs is nothing

Wow that's not bad. Got a drill press? Could prolly get it to 3.5 if you wanted to. And switch out the strap for amsteel. But good job I'd use it how it is. 4lbs is nothing

I do not have a drill press...just a hand drill. It was fun drilling the holes for the project.

Could you shorten the square tube a little bit? It would pack much easier and weigh less.

Could you shorten the square tube a little bit? It would pack much easier and weigh less.

If I had not bought the predator then yes I would. However I'm just waiting now and don't want to have to dismantle eveything.

Back