• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

In need of rubber ninja boots, please help

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
My rubber boots are huge and heavy, walking through the woods I might as well be using a chainsaw. I can't handle this, does anybody have a good recommendation? What is the thinnest sole rubber boot out there? I use a XOP platform so standing on it with thin soles isn't a problem, I just want to be scent free. I'm ready to buy some scuba boots if I have to.

https://www.amazon.com/NeoSport-Wet...g=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=08JPKW86379R6AP2KSB2&th=1

I have a pair of Chota Mukluks and I actually ground down the sole so I could fit inside certain kayaks.

LL Bean Hunting Shoe is a great compromise. The current version are really good. I have an older model they made in the 90's that is stiffer.
I am a minimalist shoe/barefooter.

Take a look at Bogs Summit. They are women's boots but I have been meaning to dig around for something like them. My LaCrosse Aeroheads make me feel like an Astronaut.

Last edited:
I'd just be happy to have a pair of boot's that could survive a year of me stanking in the croch of trees. I've destroyed a pair of boots a year since I started tree climbing.

And these aren't rubber but I've been wanting to try them on in person. Have thought about ordering them with a liberal return policy
https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/mens-thermoball-bootie-ii

I wan to buy a size up and stay WARM. They are Primaloft and not expensive

2779080-3-4x.jpg

I wear lacrosse alpha burleys. Had them for 2 seasons now and put a lot of miles on them. They're amazing. No insulation.

Wish I could tell you what I own. No brand on them. But they are very comfortable.

Late season I have some comfortable PAC boots. They are lighter and easier walking than my mid-season Lacrosse rubber boots. And not quite what most picture as PAC boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wish I could tell you what I own. No brand on them. But they are very comfortable.

Late season I have some comfortable PAC boots. They are lighter and easier walking than my mid-season Lacrosse rubber boots. And not quite what most picture as PAC boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pictures! So we can picture then! :)

Always worn lacrosse and mucks for deer hunting, bought some Irish setter rubber boots on sale, like them also. As I've gotten older my feet respond better to better quality footwear.

Neoprene is far from scent free. Actually, it absorbs a ton of odor. Classic rubber Lacrosse boots that now have neoprene are saving deers' lives by the dozens. Muck is the same way. Even the "smart" deer hunters haven't figured it out. Guess you have to be a beach boy brought up with wetsuits to know what I mean.

I walked to my stand yesterday in clean Cabelas hunting boots. Had a fox cut my trail and barely bat an eye....I'm good.

Neoprene is far from scent free. Actually, it absorbs a ton of odor. Classic rubber Lacrosse boots that now have neoprene are saving deers' lives by the dozens. Muck is the same way. Even the "smart" deer hunters haven't figured it out. Guess you have to be a beach boy brought up with wetsuits to know what I mean.

I walked to my stand yesterday in clean Cabelas hunting boots. Had a fox cut my trail and barely bat an eye....I'm good.

I think any boot that is lined will absorb odor on the inside, that's why they need to be washed. Neoprene is a rubber foam so it shouldn't let any smell through it, you just need to wash/dry the liner. If the neoprene used is open cell it would be a different story, but that would make them non-waterproof, so not the ones I would buy. I'm not sure why they wouldn't work just as well as a traditional rubber boot, I even think they would be better because you can flip them inside out to wash and dry them.

I'm just letting everyone know that after years of wearing wetsuits and thoroughly soaking/washing them in a bathtub, my experience has been that I never completely eliminate odors from neoprene.

I'm just letting everyone know that after years of wearing wetsuits and thoroughly soaking/washing them in a bathtub, my experience has been that I never completely eliminate odors from neoprene.
I could see that, they say some of the bubbles in the foam near the surface will break with wear and tear. That would make it near impossible to wash/dry to be scent free. Gotta still be better than leather and fabric, but something to think about.

I was mistaken. I'm using Irish Setters Rutmasters. I had the Alpha Burley's but I punched a hole in them on my second trip out. I returned them to Gander Mountain as defective. They didn't have any AB's in my size so they upgraded me to the Irish Setters for the same price. I love them.

Back