• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

In Tree gear/equipment organization.

ChrisW

Didn’t find a similar thread in my search. Apologies if I missed, if so please link me.

Ok saddle hunters, you’ve gotten up to hunting height by whatever your method may be.... now how do you position your gear to be the most useful to you? What goes where for you?

basically looking to your experience for alt suggestions so I can make mine better for me.

thank you
Chris

Gear hanger (Tethrd HYS Strap) just below my tether, bow hanger (Qlipter) and bow on strong side, pack on weakside, and then thermacell/calls/rangefinder right in front of me to minimize movement.

I use 3 simple Cranford bow hangers. Cost like 2 bucks a piece. I hang one on the left and 2 on the right. My bow gets hung on the left side because I'm right handed. My bag goes on the lower right unzipped so I have access to everything. Quiver gets hung top right.

I use a cam jam and custom hanger on paracord for my bow. I always hung it on the left. This year on two of my presets I have it hung on the right because I only have shots to my right.

Backpack on a screw in hanger in font of me with quiver attached to it on rt side. I generally snap the waist belt around the tree. I made an "extender" strap I carry that has a male fastex on 1 side and a female on the other so I can add length to the waist belt for a larger diamer tree if needed. small screw in bow holder(cheap one) on left.

Paracord with tied loops just below tether. Bow hangs on modified Hawk Hookster on strongside. Pack hangs on s-biner on weakside. Thermacell, and quiver are on s-biners in front of me.

Paracord with tied loops just below tether. Bow hangs on modified Hawk Hookster on strongside. Pack hangs on s-biner on weakside. Thermacell, and quiver are on s-biners in front of me.
Yeah I had pack in front and bino/camera & thermacell on weakside thinking if pack was on weak it would limit my sighting there but I think I'll try pack on week to see if it feels better for my movement. Paracord loops I bet are a nice light way to do it for you. I'm using the atlas straps I already owned for now.
Thanks

Backpack on a screw in hanger in font of me with quiver attached to it on rt side. I generally snap the waist belt around the tree. I made an "extender" strap I carry that has a male fastex on 1 side and a female on the other so I can add length to the waist belt for a larger diamer tree if needed. small screw in bow holder(cheap one) on left.
extender straps sound like a smart idea. I had my pack in front of me to but found I kept interacting with the dangling straps when I kneeled or pivited around the platform if my pack was lower. If pack was higher, the bulk being in my face was annoying to me.
Thanks for the idea

I use 3 simple Cranford bow hangers. Cost like 2 bucks a piece. I hang one on the left and 2 on the right. My bow gets hung on the left side because I'm right handed. My bag goes on the lower right unzipped so I have access to everything. Quiver gets hung top right.
yeah maybe I need to think about stacking somethings instead of everything being so linear Thanks

Gear hanger (Tethrd HYS Strap) just below my tether, bow hanger (Qlipter) and bow on strong side, pack on weakside, and then thermacell/calls/rangefinder right in front of me to minimize movement.
Yeah I'm going to try and see how weakside pack works for me. Maybe weakside and sightly lower to maintain my weakside sightlines and have better better access to the open pockets of the pack might be a better option for me.
Thanks for the input

extender straps sound like a smart idea. I had my pack in front of me to but found I kept interacting with the dangling straps when I kneeled or pivited around the platform if my pack was lower. If pack was higher, the bulk being in my face was annoying to me.
Thanks for the idea
My pack is not very big. tiny day pack. It sits pretty flat.

Nice vid of your setup. What are you using the PVC pipe for?
That is my Electrical Rope Push Pole. It's only purpose is to get the rope up in the tree as high as I can reach.
Alas, no coffee pot holder installed in the treestand. :grinning:

That is my Electrical Rope Push Pole. It's only purpose is to get the rope up in the tree as high as I can reach.
Alas, no coffee pot holder installed in the treestand. :grinning:
ahh, instead of a toss line and throw ball?

ahh, instead of a toss line and throw ball?
This is for getting a rope girth hitched around a tree trunk without low branches. I haven't used a throwball while hunting yet. I have been practicing in the park and think I would have no trouble throwing a line over a branch. I actually have some line and a 12oz throwball in my pack which I have not used. I know excess weight, bad. Next time maybe I will try throw ball only. When I took this video, I was looking at a few giant trees in the distance thinking they would be great to RADS/SRT. The only disadvantage to the electrical push pole pieces is they catch on overhead branches while getting through the brush with my pack. Very little noise with PVC.

HME Tree stand accessory hook belt. Cheap, light, compact, and work great. Or make your own with webbing or paracord loops.

I second the HME accessory hook belt, except I modified mine to make it more user friendly. I cut the strap and used two tri-glides to make custom loops. This allows me to use a cheap little carabiner as the attachment instead of having to feed the strap thru the buckle.

Pull belt out of pouch, disconnect carabiner from one side, lengthen strap by pushing buckle, wrap around tree, reconnect carabiner, pull tight. Faster and easier...feeding that strap thru the buckle every time was a pain...

Screenshot_2019-10-03-10-55-00.png

Back