• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Industrial Sewing Machine Question

Aaron Jones

Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy two heavy duty sewing machines. The main one is a Econosew 2060AL. I don’t know what type of motor is coming with it at this point in time. The second is a Super Deluxe Tuffsew. An elderly woman is selling her husband’s upholstery equipment.

I will be going to look at them on Sunday afternoon. I am very new to industrial style sewing machines. Is there anything I need to know good or bad wise about either of those sewing machines?
What motor would be good to have one that machine, and which motor should I be concerned with on it?
also what price point do you think would be acceptable for them? Both would come with accessories and tables. She wants 800 for the Econosew and 400 for the Tuffsew. From what I found online, I could buy either both of those sewing machines need for that price.

I appreciate any advise. Thank you!

Attachments

• D73C56A6-F67A-4FE5-B856-0CCDDF9FDF48.jpeg
    D73C56A6-F67A-4FE5-B856-0CCDDF9FDF48.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 38
  • AE84A79A-25F1-4E43-9CF8-94675793C3E8.jpeg
    AE84A79A-25F1-4E43-9CF8-94675793C3E8.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 36
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy two heavy duty sewing machines. The main one is a Econosew 2060AL. I don’t know what type of motor is coming with it at this point in time. The second is a Super Deluxe Tuffsew. An elderly woman is selling her husband’s upholstery equipment.

I will be going to look at them on Sunday afternoon. I am very new to industrial style sewing machines. Is there anything I need to know good or bad wise about either of those sewing machines?
What motor would be good to have one that machine, and which motor should I be concerned with on it?
also what price point do you think would be acceptable for them? Both would come with accessories and tables. She wants 800 for the Econosew and 400 for the Tuffsew. From what I found online, I could buy either both of those sewing machines need for that price.

I appreciate any advise. Thank you!

I’d say it’s way overpriced. I’m just speaking on the industrial. Depending on your location I’d think a compound feed consew, Juki, pfaff, or singer compound feed machine could be found for the same money. I started with a tacsew t111-155 that looks really similar to this and I picked it up for $200. With that being said your location will probably determine how many upholstery type machines will pop up for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d say it’s way overpriced. I’m just speaking on the industrial. Depending on your location I’d think a compound feed consew, Juki, pfaff, or singer compound feed machine could be found for the same money. I started with a tacsew t111-155 that looks really similar to this and I picked it up for $200. With that being said your location will probably determine how many upholstery type machines will pop up for sale.

Thats what my initial reaction was as well at the initial price. I believe that price is negotiable, but we will see.
Would you say $500 is reasonable for both?

Thats what my initial reaction was as well at the initial price. I believe that price is negotiable, but we will see.

That really depends on how bad you want one. I wouldn’t pay $500 for the pair of them. I believe the econosew has an oil pump. From my reading these don’t work well at low rpm’s you’d generally use in making saddles and other gear. I have no idea on what the value of the tuffsew would be.

I'm mostly on the same page as @sdoyle1 . You could buy both, and sell the Tuffsew for $100-140. The Econosew is a Typical GC6-7-D, which is basically the same as a Tacsew T111-155 as mentioned, and the Sailrite Fabricator. There are absolutely better machines out there if you're patient (and depending on your area), but at a potential price of $400 for the single machine this could be an alright deal if it already has a servo motor.

One aspect for serious consideration.... The Econosew won't be able to take advantage of the huge array of Singer 111W155 feet that most compound feed sewing machines use. This may not be a big deal for you, but it would annoy me.

***post written assuming a price of $500 for both

I'm mostly on the same page as @sdoyle1 . You could buy both, and sell the Tuffsew for $100-140. The Econosew is a Typical GC6-7-D, which is basically the same as a Tacsew T111-155 as mentioned, and the Sailrite Fabricator. There are absolutely better machines out there if you're patient (and depending on your area), but at a potential price of $400 for the single machine this could be an alright deal if it already has a servo motor.

One aspect for serious consideration.... The Econosew won't be able to take advantage of the huge array of Singer 111W155 feet that most compound feed sewing machines use. This may not be a big deal for you, but it would annoy me.

***post written assuming a price of $500 for both
I appreciate the information! I’m super new to the industrial sewing machines.
Currently I have a Bernina Aurora 440 QE. It’s a super nice quilting machine but not really for super heavy use. It sews polyester webbing just fine but with nylon it just can’t penetrate with layers.

I am in north east Texas for reference of geographical location.

what would be a machine that you would look for?

I appreciate the information! I’m super new to the industrial sewing machines.
Currently I have a Bernina Aurora 440 QE. It’s a super nice quilting machine but not really for super heavy use. It sews polyester webbing just fine but with nylon it just can’t penetrate with layers.

I am in north east Texas for reference of geographical location.

what would be a machine that you would look for?

For me I really wanted a compound feed or unison feed machine. A walking foot machine should be plenty fine as well. I required reverse for myself personally. I have a Juki dnu-1541 and a pfaff 545 H4 as well. Most of these machines will be upholstery type machines. Consew 205 or 206 and 225 and 226 are good options. The 205 and 225 don’t have reverse. A lot of singer 111’s would work but most don’t have reverse. Pfaff 145, 545 or 1245 should work. Several jukis. Best bet is to ask if you have questions on a machine.

The Econosew looks like my Mercury which is a clone of the Consew 205RB. Feet are readily available for the 205RB. The Tuffsew looks like a Rex portable. They are on ebay for around $400 new. I bought my Mercury and a Singer 281, heads only, for $150 for both.

Back