• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Insulated Bibs Under $200

Bach55

Looking to see if anyone has recommendations for insulated bibs as a lower priced alternative to the First Lite Sanctuary or Sitka Fanatic. I would love to buy those for the right price, but I can’t stomach the MSRP. Curious to know if anyone has found ones in the $150 range that they’d recommend.

I'm always of the opinion you get what you pay for. I've got the Incinerator suit and I forgot what I paid for it after the first all day sit in 35 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

I bought a set of field and stream bibs and jacket at ****s sporting goods 3 or 4 years ago. I think I paid a little over 200 for both. They are incredibly warm and quiet. My only complaint is that they are bulky.

Rivers West Ambush Bibs. I have the parka and am ordering the bibs in the next couple of weeks. My best piece of gear by far!

I have some Redhead bibs that I bought for around $100 probably 10 years ago. I'm like you, I'm not spending $1K+ on clothing that only gets used a few months out of the year. I see a lot of used Sitka floating around. I sense a lot of buyer's remorse.

I bought a pair of Rocky bibs that are waterproof for about 80 bucks a few years ago. Best pair I've ever owned. Sat through sheets of rain in them and never got wet. I also use them during the coldest part of the season in Michigan and they're always very warm.

Rivers West Ambush Bibs. I have the parka and am ordering the bibs in the next couple of weeks. My best piece of gear by far!

These aren’t insulated but it says they have a Sherpa lining. Are they really warm? Like single digit morning and teens in the afternoon warm? Will be using with a decent base layer.

I bought a pair of Rocky bibs that are waterproof for about 80 bucks a few years ago. Best pair I've ever owned. Sat through sheets of rain in them and never got wet. I also use them during the coldest part of the season in Michigan and they're always very warm.

Do you remember which model/version of Rocky bibs they are? Looks like there are two main versions on their site. They don’t say how much insulation is in them though. If you’re wearing them during Michigan winters then they’d be fine for Indiana!

I have (discounted) ASAT Sanctuaries, and love em, but am well aware there are wind proof waterproof bibs (Sanctuary is neither) for much less money that prolly work just as well. I always thought Midway USA stuff was a great value.

Do you remember which model/version of Rocky bibs they are? Looks like there are two main versions on their site. They don’t say how much insulation is in them though. If you’re wearing them during Michigan winters then they’d be fine for Indiana!
I'll have to look, I got them at a sporting goods store north of my hometown. I usually layer up underneath with sweat pants and long johns and stay pretty warm with just the coveralls. For my top I'll do an under armor cold gear base layer shirt with a long sleeve T shirt and a 1/4 zip fleece(northface) then my coat over that. That's my "Holy F*** it's cold!" system for late season in December.

https://www.rockyboots.com/sale/roc...9.html?dwvar_600429_color=RTE#q=bibs/&start=1 They may be these ones but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
These aren’t insulated but it says they have a Sherpa lining. Are they really warm? Like single digit morning and teens in the afternoon warm? Will be using with a decent base layer.

I cannot give you an answer from practical experience. I hunt in southwest Tennessee. We rarely see temps in the teens during deer season. The lowest I have been out in the Ambush was low-mid 20's. I was in a heavy weight base layer and very comfortable. The Sherpa lining is super warm and comfortable. These are also waterproof if that matters.

I cannot give you an answer from practical experience. I hunt in southwest Tennessee. We rarely see temps in the teens during deer season. The lowest I have been out in the Ambush was low-mid 20's. I was in a heavy weight base layer and very comfortable. The Sherpa lining is super warm and comfortable. These are also waterproof if that matters.

All good, appreciate the insight! I found these online for $132. Going to give them a try.

Thanks everyone for the feedback...really helpful.

How are you guys using bibs with a saddle? We don't get much time with cold temps down here in LA, so I was thinking of just doubling up on base layers and getting an insulated jacket for the walk in.

Thought you may still do some sweating that route. May still have to give it a try.

I bought the army surplus jacket and pant liners that are warm and very light weight. I can wear them under any combination of my hunting clothes for extra insulation. I can wear it under rain pants or fleece pants. I too hate the idea of spending a ton of money for something that doesn't get used on a regular basis.

Back