• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Intro from Iowa

Trueblue

So this is the place to learn how to hang!
I will introduce myself.
I have bowhunted for over 35 years. Started shooting recurves instinctively for alooong time. faught it, but, then moved to compound, and now am limited to a crossbow due to spinal fusion at C5&6; because of injury,but have never stopped hunting.
In all that time, I have always hunted with screw in steps and tree stand. Never have used a lineman’s rope, and by the grace of God, have never fallen out of a tree.
When you are young you feel invincible, but now at age 58 I feel the need to change my ways
Been overloaded with information the last couple of days perusing this site, and YouTube . A definite learning curve ahead.
I will be set up with the correct gear for next year definitely!

Welcome to the site! Being connected from ground to hunting height is huge!! If you’ve had some back issues I recommend you incorporate a back band of some type into your setup, makes a big difference.

Welcome, just got back from my second trip to Iowa this year.....tag soup lol

There's a learning curve, but nothing you have to get nervous about. 15 minutes in the back yard and you're 90% there.

Welcome to the site. There is a learning curve but that’s half the fun. @g2outdoors How long does it take to get the other 10 percent.

Welcome from Polk City! There are a few of us across the state now. Feel free to reach out if you have questions!

Back