• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

iPhone Camera Arm

Patriot

I think I’ve posted this exact question before a year or two ago and wasn’t happy with the answer and I’m thinking maybe things have changed since I asked.

So…. where is the perfect iPhone camera arm for self filing hunts?!?!

how does this not exist? Self filming would be a snap with your phone Low bulk, easy Editing, basically a free self filming camera bc we all have phones.

so shouldn’t there be a very cheap, light weight basic function camera arm that we can screw j to the tree or wrap with a strap and film our hunts?

I have not found this arm. I have tried. Best I can do is a flexible hawkarm that screws into the tree with a frsnkenstein attachment that I Gerry rig to hold a phone.

I’m getting hunts on a GoPro with a head mount but the iPhone camera arm would be way better

please advise where this item is or get Dano or G2 or any of the other smart moguls on the case to design and launch one for retail.

@always89y has what you want.

Your phone is light weight enough you could diy a pvc pipe one be in business & just get a phone holder or like you said an ocb on that hawk one could work

Haven't personally tried it but you could probably adapt a car phone mount to a regular camera arm.

Elsewhere on the site, I saw a link to this kit and video:

It's not cheap ($90), but it's cheaper than the top tier ones ($250+). And I believe that it's a fellow member making the kits. @DIYBOWHUNTING

I’ve got a camera arm in the classifieds. Not sure if it’s something that can be adapted to a cell phone or not. Maybe some type of phone holder could be screwed onto the camera mount.

I actually bought a Baton Arm last night. It has a cell phone mod, folds into a 15 inch bar, and is less than 3lbs.

Anyone know of a way to attach the phone to your wrist. Im not interested in swing arm style. It would be less stuff to carry if there was a way to attach to bow holding wrist and have it out to the side of arm. It would be easier to see what you are filming while drawn as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@always89y has what you want.

is it just me or is this not for sale? I am not a gifted diy guy like him.

There are others. Google it to see other options.

In all the searching, I did not find that. I will probably swap the mount out for more movement but I will try it out nome the less. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do. It gets here Sunday then I'm gonna use it during the rut over the next couple of weeks and will report back.
@Counting Buck How did your fourth arrow baton camera arm end up working for you this year? Were you limited in range of motion at all with it only having to arm sections? How was stability?

I’m trying the DIYBOWHUNTING arm with an iPhone. Anyone else running a similar setup?

I’ve been looking for something with a 1/4-20 thread for the mount on the JX3. I’d use my iPhone. The mount is near the knob for the tree fork. May have to DIY one. I’m surprised JX3 doesn’t offer one.

Back