• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Iron Will Broad Heads

MathewsMan7

I think I am going to go with the new Iron Will Wide broad heads for this-coming season. Anyone have whitetail experience with the original Iron Will broad heads? Also, when I go to their website it gives me two options for the 100 grain broad heads: wide 100 and the wide 100 deep six and I’m not sure the difference?? Is one ventilated and one solid cast?

I think I am going to go with the new Iron Will Wide broad heads for this-coming season. Anyone have whitetail experience with the original Iron Will broad heads? Also, when I go to their website it gives me two options for the 100 grain broad heads: wide 100 and the wide 100 deep six and I’m not sure the difference?? Is one ventilated and one solid cast?

I had 3 of the 125 solid ones. Great head and fly great. Very durable. Every shot has been a complete pass thru and sticks about 10" in the ground. When pulling out of ground, you can feel it grinding on rocks. But still straight and sharp. I just re sharpen and back in quiver. I did loose one in a marsh. It completely when under ground and never found it. That sucked for the price of these things to lose one.

Most arrows take the standard heads. The deep six are a micro size that is made for micro diameter shafts made by Easton arrows.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm also looking into these broad heads. They obviously hit hard and fast to have complete pass through's. Do they put down good blood trails?

Great heads. I shot four deer with one head last year and it’s still good to go. Just touch it up and it will kill again. I prefer the solid 125’s because they are quieter in flight but the wide version should be a great head as well. Very good edge retention on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great heads. I shot four deer with one head last year and it’s still good to go. Just touch it up and it will kill again. I prefer the solid 125’s because they are quieter in flight but the wide version should be a great head as well. Very good edge retention on them.

Good to hear. You going to try the wide version for next year or stick with the stock ones?

I had 3 of the 125 solid ones. Great head and fly great. Very durable. Every shot has been a complete pass thru and sticks about 10" in the ground. When pulling out of ground, you can feel it grinding on rocks. But still straight and sharp. I just re sharpen and back in quiver. I did loose one in a marsh. It completely when under ground and never found it. That sucked for the price of these things to lose one.

Most arrows take the standard heads. The deep six are a micro size that is made for micro diameter shafts made by Easton arrows.

I’m shooting the Easton axis 5 mm so looks like I’ll get the deep six. Thanks for the info.

Havent used them but I like the design and construction of Iron Will heads. Will probably get some.

Just please be sure to sharpen them up to shave hair from your arm or leg before you hunt with them if you've used them for practice or tuning. They start out sharp from the manufacturer, but don't think that razor edge will be there after you've shot it a few times. Check with the shaving test. If your head doesn't shave hair you need to sharpen It. It takes some time and practice to get good at it.

Awesome heads. I use the V100 heads and they fly perfectly true with the field points as long as your bow is tuned correctly. I have only had passthroughs with them and never had an issue. I actually shot one off of the ground on cement when I was doing a practice shot before a hunt and I didn't change my one pin sight from 20 yards to 35 and it bounced right off of the cement and when I retrieved it only the bleeder blade was slightly chipped. It could have still been used if need be. Overall, fantastic heads and if you are willing to resharpen and well worth their value

There’s a few decent videos on YouTube that has some comparisons. Search For “ Lusk Iron Will”

Here’s a link to his vented vs. solid video.

Check out his others.

I’m planning to use these for the 2020 season as well. 125gr solid blades.

Gotta love the A2 Tool Steel that’s HRC 60.
That’s a piece of hard, durable steel. It will retain an edge.

I’m shooting the Easton axis 5 mm so looks like I’ll get the deep six. Thanks for the info.

STOP! The Axis 5mm are not deep six! 5mm have standard thread HIT inserts.

The Easton Injexion series (4mm) are the ones with deep six inserts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note. Iron Will sells HIT inserts (standard and deep six) as well as footers (steel or titanium). I'm going to build my next set of Axis with their system. Lots of options for insert and footer weight. Just make sure you purchase the correct version for your shafts.

I believe the deep six inserts are in the 4 mm arrows. Best to check the Easton Website before ordering. That could be a expensive mistake.

This site has cost me a lot of money but in this case it will have saved me some haha...thanks for the info. I will check Easton’s website tomorrow morning. I would assume an email to Iron Will isn’t out of question either. Better to ask and make sure before purchasing I suppose. Thanks for the help.

This site has cost me a lot of money but in this case it will have saved me some haha...thanks for the info. I will check Easton’s website tomorrow morning. I would assume an email to Iron Will isn’t out of question either. Better to ask and make sure before purchasing I suppose. Thanks for the help.

Deep six (all 4mm):
-Carbon Injexion
-FMJ Injexion

5mm Axis come with standard HIT inserts. At one time you could buy after market deep six threaded HIT inserts for 5mm arrows but I don’t know why you would do that.

I have the vented 125s. There's a slight hiss but I don't think the deer notice it once it's zipped through their lungs. Nice thing about them is the deer don't get as startled as with a mechanical.
I think I'm going with the wide this year. Love the iron wills.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back