• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Irritated.

Spence71

Feb 22, 2019
Totally off topic here. But needed to vent. I don’t do the facespace much. Or instachat. Too much crap.

Anyway. We have a golden retriever. And a pet pig. Recently with other dogs around, Mel the pig has gotten aggressive. To the point of her bleeding with dogs snapping at her snout. Today we picked up our new golden puppy. Now the (albeit unknown and assumed) fear is that the pig and the new pup will have issues. And as we are more dog people than pig... puppy wins.

And for sometime we’ve been joking (not joking) about finding a new home for her.

So we joined a mini pig Facebook group to see about rehoming. You would think I threw the sweet Baby Jesus in my campfire. Oh good lord. I’ve never been flamed so hard for something so dumb. That’d be like me posting here that I’ve got a set of muddy’s that are cool and all. But I’m more of a WES dude. And the muddys are biting people. And y’all blowing me up. Told them that with this sort of love and support I’d rather make her bacon than to have her go to one of them. Deleted the post and left the group.

Ridiculous.

Side note. Anyone want an $800 specialty pig. For free. She’s 3 years old. A Julianna “mini” pig. Had a size guarantee from the Breeders to the original owners. My guess is she’s way over the 45# top end. But she is a pig.

And what pisses me off most about it. And I get them at they are passionate pig people. Sorry. I’m not. But I’ve adopted about 15 dogs over the years. Been a foster family and am an adoptive parent. Like I don’t care about taking care of other lives. Well... maybe not deers. But that’s a whole different story. And that’s not about not caring.

But seriously... anyone want a pig? Near Charlotte NC.

Thanks for letting a brothah vent.

94309f6352f06323445bdcff3a1357ba.jpg
153378a33502920b6d409cef80f2ca77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dalton916

SH Member
Sep 27, 2018
PM @Benman this has his daughter written ALL OVER IT!!!

Disclaimer: I still have some of her last pig in my freezer and he’s delicious, but that was an FFA show pig, not a family pig. She would LOVE a family pig!

EricS

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Dec 14, 2016
Georgia
I could put her out with our pet goats.
If you were closer we would probably take her. But I ain’t riding 10hrs in a car with a pig! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A coworker did the same with about a 50 lb potbelly. It killed and ate the goat kids at birth. Of course the same guy got a donkey to protect his goats and it started attacking everything at the smell of blood. Maybe he just has bad luck.

ImThere

Oct 20, 2015
Lewisburg, TN
www.tapatalk.com
A coworker did the same with about a 50 lb potbelly. It killed and ate the goat kids at birth. Of course the same guy got a donkey to protect his goats and it started attacking everything at the smell of blood. Maybe he just has bad luck.

Let me guess they were both half pit bull?

EricS

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Dec 14, 2016
Georgia
Let me guess they were both half pit bull?

No pit bulls. They won’t have them because they may attack the goats:)

I love pit bulls. Don’t own one because of liability. That said I’ve been bitten by a lab, Doberman, chow,pickiness, Pomeranian but never a pit. Some of it is bad owners but there are some straight up crazy aggressive dogs in every breed. Some need early retirement.

Benman

Jan 23, 2019
A trackin pig......now that might get some traction

Reactions: Bwhana

Exhumis

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Northern Virginia
I hunt a farm that has a guard donkey that guards the goats and sheep. It's mean as hell. It's the only animal that worries me when I get there O dark 30 in the morning and can't see anything. Eeyore it is not

Bwhana

SH Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hickory, NC
I hunt a farm that has a guard donkey that guards the goats and sheep. It's mean as hell. It's the only animal that worries me when I get there O dark 30 in the morning and can't see anything. Eeyore it is not
Pepper spray! I have used it on bulls and aggressive horses before too, always with the effect I wanted and they never bothered me again after that 1st time.

Vtbow

Mar 21, 2018
Jerset bulls here...they scare the crap out of me sometimes...

IkemanTX

Oct 16, 2015
Dude, they have great noses, we could train it and have us a trackin pig!

Might even get around the “no tracking dog” laws in some states! Hahahahahahaha

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx