• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is Cain a Man of Steel??!!!

I use the Cain method and I am a self proclaimed "Old fat man". You can do this without having to jump. I girth hitch my tether above the step placed as high as I can reach. The trick is to cinch your tether as tight as you can then push away from the tree with your foot as you sit back in the saddle. As the tether arcs away from the tree it will lift you up to where you can get your foot on the next step (the waist high one). Grabbing the upper step your tether is tied over then you can then easily pull yourself up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, short of buying your wife plenty of flowers, getting in better shape is the best way to kill more deer. I'm going on 60lbs lost, and feeling like a million bucks. Losing fat and adding muscle will do way more for you than a new bow, Scentlok, it even a new saddle!

Word!

LoL. "Cain Jump". I like it. As much as I would like to take credit as being a man of steel, I think it's really more about technic. Like boyne bowhunter mentioned you can use your teather to help kind of swing you up. But I push off with one foot against the tree as I am pulling up. It's like a full body effort. Ive even done this with one Muddy stick. I can get 30 ft with 4 Muddy sticks and no aider, but that's work. Lol. So keep at it. If I can help in any way let me know. Thanks.
Being trying all weekend to accomplish the "Cain Jump" to climb with less Stepp ladders. I have decided two things.
1. he is a man of steel with agility of fox squirel
2. I have to lose 70lbs[/QUOT

LoL. "Cain Jump". I like it. As much as I would like to take credit as being a man of steel, I think it's really more about technic. Like boyne bowhunter mentioned you can use your teather to help kind of swing you up. But I push off with one foot against the tree as I am pulling up. It's like a full body effort. Ive even done this with one Muddy stick. I can get 30 ft with 4 Muddy sticks and no aider, but that's work. Lol. So keep at it. If I can help in any way let me know. Thanks.
I finally got a chance to give this a shot the other day. Way easier than I expected! Thanks @Cain!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, short of buying your wife plenty of flowers, getting in better shape is the best way to kill more deer. I'm going on 60lbs lost, and feeling like a million bucks. Losing fat and adding muscle will do way more for you than a new bow, Scentlok, it even a new saddle!
Congratulations on losing all that weight and getting in shape!

Thanks! It's still a work in progress. Crazy how I was a long way from folks considering me a "fatty" at 6ft, 210, but I've lost that much weight. Made me realize that the obesity crisis is very real.
How did you lose all the weight and how long did it take you? I'm looking to lose weight as well.

How did you lose all the weight and how long did it take you? I'm looking to lose weight as well.
I started working on it back in October. Diet>exercise for most I think. I started off skipping breakfast and cutting everything drink-wise but black coffee and water. I got hungry and cranky, but I got results. No exercise for the first few months, just getting my calorie consumption under control.

Lately, I've been kayaking every day for about an hour in the morning at around 4mph. Two birds with one stone; scouting and exercising. Planking two minutes everyday, pull ups and push-ups. Shooting my bow now that I have a yard has been fun Considering a total gym. Worked Miller-Lite back into my diet in moderation. More veggies, way fewer processed carbs. Big thing is just put the friggin' fork down.

Goal is a six pack by year's end. On a good day I'm seeing a little definition on the top two. More importantly, I don't get tired tromping and stomping the swamp. I shoot more accurately and feel safer climbing too. More balanced and "in control" of what my body is doing.

I started working on it back in October. Diet>exercise for most I think. I started off skipping breakfast and cutting everything drink-wise but black coffee and water. I got hungry and cranky, but I got results. No exercise for the first few months, just getting my calorie consumption under control.

Lately, I've been kayaking every day for about an hour in the morning at around 4mph. Two birds with one stone; scouting and exercising. Planking two minutes everyday, pull ups and push-ups. Shooting my bow now that I have a yard has been fun Considering a total gym. Worked Miller-Lite back into my diet in moderation. More veggies, way fewer processed carbs. Big thing is just put the friggin' fork down.

Goal is a six pack by year's end. On a good day I'm seeing a little definition on the top two. More importantly, I don't get tired tromping and stomping the swamp. I shoot more accurately and feel safer climbing too. More balanced and "in control" of what my body is doing.
That's awesome! Thanks and keep up the good work.

I just tried it with a two foot stick too. I could get 6 feet from a stick without an aider. Not too hard for a 60 year old.

Being trying all weekend to accomplish the "Cain Jump" to climb with less Stepp ladders. I have decided two things.
1. he is a man of steel with agility of fox squirel
2. I have to lose 70lbs
Cain can jump! LOL. I've been practicing this method as well, although low and slow since I don't have a rigging belt. I've have the parts on order for putting together a Knaider/Swaider rig and thne I'll see what works best for me between the two.

Is there a video of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back