• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is there a perfect all round rope

MCDM

Vendor Rep
So just kinda thinking is all but is there a perfect rope for tether, bridge, & linemans belt? Scenario would be for each of the following:

Tether: standard setup figure 8 on a bight with with prussic loop for attachment to bridge.

Bridge: fixed with two figure 8's on a bight for attached to saddle/sit drag.

Linemans Belt: 1 figure 8 on bight with ropeman (for adjustablity)

Just thoughts and opinions/suggestions, safety concerns etc. Ropes I am really considering obviously Yale Bandit, Assault line, and Samson ultra tech but am open to testing others.

I have been using a 5/16 bee line for all of my stuff. It has worked well for me.

Thanks,
Boswell

I have been using a 5/16 bee line for all of my stuff. It has worked well for me.

Thanks,
Boswell
Who is the maker & source for Bee line? I'd like to look into it. Thanks.

Also to the OP: don't overlook BlueWater Titan line. it's about 3x as strong as nylon, highly abrasion resistant (dyneema is used in body armor) and it's pretty stiff which I feel makes it easier to work with for saddle use.

I never warmed up to bee line as a hitch cord but no doubt it's tough as nails and I think another really good choice for this application. I assume you're using the grey/black?

I just ordered a bunch of UltraTech a week or so ago for exactly this purpose.

I plan to carry three ropes or two and a fixed bridge. The ropes would all be inter-changeable. Same length, Ropeman on one end and Carabiner in the loop on the other end.

Can be an adjustable bridge, tether, Linemans belt. Playing around with some shorter fixed bridges so it may go down to two ropes set up this way. Interchangeable to Lineman or tether.

Bluewater Assault line...the Berry Amendment stuff comes in foliage Green (looks gray) all made in the USA

I never warmed up to bee line as a hitch cord but no doubt it's tough as nails and I think another really good choice for this application. I assume you're using the grey/black?
Negative, Mine is like a straw yellow/black color.

Thanks,
Boswell

I just ordered Yale Bandit to make a new long tether. Fat rope that holds knots well, works GREAT with Ropeman and ATC and it sticks to trees well.

And it is extremely durable

I just ordered Yale Bandit to make a new long tether. Fat rope that holds knots well, works GREAT with Ropeman and ATC and it sticks to trees well.

And it is extremely durable
I really like the Bandit too and I am pretty good at splicing loops in it now so that's what I am using for a tether. Good stuff!

Where is everyone getting rope by the foot. Most places seem to only sell them in 30, 50, 60, 70m lengths. I'd rather not drop $90 for 30 meters of rope when I only need 11 or 12 meters.

Also, is anyone having issues with rope retrieval from some of the "stickier" ropes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is everyone getting rope by the foot. Most places seem to only sell them in 30, 50, 60, 70m lengths. I'd rather not drop $90 for 30 meters of rope when I only need 11 or 12 meters.

Also, is anyone having issues with rope retrieval from some of the "stickier" ropes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treespur, tell me old Red sent you :cool:
Correction, treestuff.com
Placed my daily order earlier today :D

Treestuff + westspur =Treespur. Purely coincidental, couldn't recall the name and knew I had it wrong. Lol

Back