• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is this poison ivy??

Country

IMG_20190830_154519155-1024x1365.jpg

Is this poison ivy? Can it have thorny vines like this? It has the typical leaves of 3 and the top leaf has its own stem... thoughts?

Ok so I'm glad you posted this because I wouldn't bring this up on my own. But has anyone encountered 5 leaf poison ivy?

Man I feel like I'm talking about UFO's but the stuff is real! And I have the rash to prove it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190830-230824.png
    Screenshot_20190830-230824.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Wow, I think I came out of my mom's womb knowing what poison Ivey looked like.
If I was blind, I would still recognize the stuff.
BTW, Dawn dish soap is THE best remedy for the rash. That's my discovery. Wish I got royalties from that.

Ok so I'm glad you posted this because I wouldn't bring this up on my own. But has anyone encountered 5 leaf poison ivy?

Man I feel like I'm talking about UFO's but the stuff is real! And I have the rash to prove it!
Yep, that 5 leaf stuff is Virginia Creeper. I have lots of that climbing trees in my yard. Every once it a while, I will pull mature VC vines down to ground level and my deer hammer it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you

My bet it you also contacted poison ivy somewhere along the way and didn't notice it... but you did notice this stuff. here's a fantastic ivy guide, go right to the quiz at the upper left of the web page, and you'll get a great education fast: poison-ivy.org

I believe that is Virginia creeper. Often found with ivy. Most likely you got ivy and thought it was the VC. So glad I am not allergic to ivy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be the case because there is definitely regular 3 leaf poison ivy on that tree. At the time it looked like it was growing from the same vines...

If you

My bet it you also contacted poison ivy somewhere along the way and didn't notice it... but you did notice this stuff. here's a fantastic ivy guide, go right to the quiz at the upper left of the web page, and you'll get a great education fast: poison-ivy.org
I scored 100%. I never saw anywhere on this continent that has the massive amount of poison ivy that we have around here.
Learn the stuff or suffer a lot, and never say "I don't get poison ivy". Say "I haven't gotten it yet". Because an allergy can happen overnight. I used to not be allergic to shellfish, and then I became allergic in one meal. The doctor at the emergency room said that's the way allergies are. They can come and go and come back again.
I used to be highly allergic to ragweed...not anymore.
Never trust poison ivy.

I scored 100%. I never saw anywhere on this continent that has the massive amount of poison ivy that we have around here.
Learn the stuff or suffer a lot, and never say "I don't get poison ivy". Say "I haven't gotten it yet". Because an allergy can happen overnight. I used to not be allergic to shellfish, and then I became allergic in one meal. The doctor at the emergency room said that's the way allergies are. They can come and go and come back again.
I used to be highly allergic to ragweed...not anymore.
Never trust poison ivy.
Never was allergic to anything until I hit my mid thirties. Found out I had developed the allergy to PI the hard way. Crawling thru a farmers field to set up on some woodchucks. Once I got set up, took my shirt off and enjoyed my time in the summer sun. It was bad man.

Back